TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
that IS SWEET , one thing those tips kinda stick out a bit much , but otherwise that thing sounds MEAN, I LIKE!!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Nioce. I was actually at one time going to set up my exhaust in a similar matter. Are those mandrel bends?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes 3" mandrel bent, there is 1 tiny compression bed thats like 15 degrees. the bumper is slightly notched for the tips. i like it because its different that straight pipes out the back.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I would like to see some under the car shots of around the tank with that 3" exhaust

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since the car is mainly a strip/weeekend car, the exhaust goes directly under the tank. It doesnt sit that low though. I will try to get pics by monday of the whole thing.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hahaha^^^ That was going to be my exact set up. Just go under the damn tank. I would also like to see the ground clearance of the pipes and so fourth.

I believe that the main reason why our cars dont sound like mustangs is strictly because of the fact that the pipes have to be bent around the tank. I strongly am against the fact that most people believe that the reason why mustangs sound the way they do is because the mufflers are mid mounted. I belive that is very false. My 06 GT with bassani's and bassani x-pipe sounds dead on a mustang but those mufflers are rear mounted. But the way the pipes are bent are VERY straight even from the factory and go over the axle.

Same idea on the cobra's my very close family friend owns an 03 cobra and those pipes are very straight as well but don't go over the axle, i'm assuming the reason is because it has an IRS. But even at that the car still sounds like a mustang but in my opinion has a much more crackly and barbly sounding exhaust note.

All in all i really like the way it came out ZachG and i'm hoping that you would be kind enough to post a picture of the ground clearance of the pipes. Thanks

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I'll snap more pics when I can get them. The only flaw in the system is after he fabricated the X pipe, he realized the driver side hung down a good bit farther than the passenger, so its not symmetrical.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Cool. Thanks alot for the info. Is this set up catless or high flows? Also how do you like those canister style magnaflows as far as drone and pitch, etc?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
That sounds really good.Why the hard start????

·
Super Moderator
12,666 Posts
How Much $$$ ?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just put in a new engine and the tune was for the old engine, I had only started it up once prior to this video so i am guessing it just needs time to run hence the hard start.

Driller, how do you recognize it? Have you gotten work done at Rodeheavers?
And it was $650 for everything

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Driller, how do you recognize it? Have you gotten work done at Rodeheavers?
Oh sure have. The new exhaust setup with electric cutouts on the Blue Flame was done there as well as the subframe connectors. I saved the exhaust from the Blue Lincoln and later had them transplant it to the White Lincoln. :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
looks and sounds great, gotta love magnaflows

1 - 20 of 26 Posts