TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a new set up:
True duals and flowmasters...Super 44's :)
I have no cats other than the two up front. No X-pipe or anything like that either.

I LOVE IT!!!!! Sounds awesome!

Is anyone else running a similar or exact same setup..if so, have you noticed any performance gains? I haven't been able to drive it far/fast enough to know.

Thanks! And I'll post pics asap.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Well I got a new set up:
True duals and flowmasters...Super 44's :)
I have no cats other than the two up front. No X-pipe or anything like that either.

I LOVE IT!!!!! Sounds awesome!

Is anyone else running a similar or exact same setup..if so, have you noticed any performance gains? I haven't been able to drive it far/fast enough to know.

Thanks! And I'll post pics asap.
you using stock cats or high flows?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got stock

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
High flows cost $$$$

do you have them???
no but i dont have full exaust. right now saving up to completely redo my suspension new sprins, shocks, ball joints, all that nice expensive **** you don't want to have to buy. although being 1.5 inches lower wont suck :)

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
louder, not so much. better flow, perhaps.
really i always though the way to really make it loud is headers high flow cats and no mufflers

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
high flow cats are the way to go. It gave my car a raspier tone and a little more power. Maybe i noticed the extra power because my old cats were clogging lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I really like the sound the way it is...but if there is more power to be gained while running cleaner...I might be flexible. LOL
That's one reason I kept the stock cats: wasn't sure how much louder it would be/how much the tone would change.
I'm not sure if my cats are clogging though....have to look into that.

Anyway................continue discussion :)

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Well I really like the sound the way it is...but if there is more power to be gained while running cleaner...I might be flexible. LOL
That's one reason I kept the stock cats: wasn't sure how much louder it would be/how much the tone would change.
I'm not sure if my cats are clogging though....have to look into that.

Anyway................continue discussion :)
well how many miles are on your cats mine have 83k course my car only has 83 on it :). plus if power is to be gained thast good enough reason to throw them stockers away.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True. I got the car in March 08 and it was reading 135,xxx....but the odo doesn't work lol

How much louder are we talking? Will the tone suffer any?
Gcline - What exactly do you mean by "raspy"? I thought that was a negative way of describing someones exhaust tone.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
im guessing he means more of the classic car kinda sound. i don't see why it would make it sound worse imho.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nice, its a similar setup to what i want to do but id prefer the delta flow 40's. How hard is it for an exhaust shop to weld up some high flows in place of stockers? i notice the bends are a little awkward coming down from the headers, think they would run into problems???

sorry for the thread jack... :p

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
really i always though the way to really make it loud is headers high flow cats and no mufflers
that's a recipe for awful sounding exhaust. you need mufflers to make it sound decent.

you want loud? run open manifolds. again, awful sounding and illegal.

·
6,910 Posts
How hard is it for an exhaust shop to weld up some high flows in place of stockers? i notice the bends are a little awkward coming down from the headers, think they would run into problems???
dont worry about the bends. the shop will have to weld the cats parallel to the ground, unless you get those small magnaflow cats that jl posted up a year or two ago.

·
5,650 Posts
dont worry about the bends. the shop will have to weld the cats parallel to the ground, unless you get those small magnaflow cats that jl posted up a year or two ago.
Sadly it's illegal for shops to do that here in Cali. Everything is so screwed up here in Cali. Law states that the cats can't be moved more than 3 inches from their original location, so when they do them here they generally cut of the original cat where the body starts, cut the new cat where the body starts, and weld together. It's ugly, belive me.

·
6,910 Posts
Sadly it's illegal for shops to do that here in Cali. Everything is so screwed up here in Cali. Law states that the cats can't be moved more than 3 inches from their original location, so when they do them here they generally cut of the original cat where the body starts, cut the new cat where the body starts, and weld together. It's ugly, belive me.
i have no sympathy for you :)

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
sounds like a great diy project. but i didnt know you could only move the cat 3 inches i thought as long as you had the same number and what not it was cool.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts