TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post my car much on here, so I figured, why not? I changed up my exhaust, I'm running Kooks mid-length headers, o/r x and 2 Carven R mufflers. I'm loving the way it sounds now! I'll have to get a drive by video at some point.

I had a mid-mounted dual in/out magnaflow, and I just wasn't happy with the way it sounded with the cams.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,787 Posts
I'm curious, do you have a sound clip with the Magnaflow setup?

·
SuperNewbie
3,787 Posts
I do, not on YouTube though, I don't think it'll work in this post, I'll try and PM it to you.
Cool thanks. My sons car already has the DI/DO magnaflow setup. Curious how that will sound when the new engine goes in.

Reactions: Ericv8thunderbird

·
SuperNewbie
3,787 Posts
That's pretty quiet compared to the new setup.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
9,251 Posts
Eric,

Did you do the exhaust work yourself or did a shop do it?

Joe

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
9,251 Posts
They must be good right?! 🤣

I’m thinking at some point when I need to replace the Trubenz system I have now, I want a place that knows what they’re doing. I used Paul’s in Taunton to put the system on originally and they did a great job. Always looking for suggestions!

Joe

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They must be good right?! 🤣

I’m thinking at some point when I need to replace the Trubenz system I have now, I want a place that knows what they’re doing. I used Paul’s in Taunton to put the system on originally and they did a great job. Always looking for suggestions!

Joe
I always do my research if I have to bring my car somewhere, I usually do the work myself if I can.
I have no complaints with Tuna's he did a great job, He paid very close attention to detail. it's only him and another mechanic at the shop. It's right off of 138, Maybe a mile or 2 from the Raynham Walmart.

Reactions: Rodeo Joe

·
SuperNewbie
3,787 Posts
How is the drone factor at road speeds?

·
SuperNewbie
3,787 Posts
Eric, is your car a v8 swapped SC or an LX with SC ground effects?

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When you installed the ground effects did you use the tape method, or did you use the original brackets.
A little of both, I used the brackets on the rockers, drilled out the 2 mounting holes on the door and added 3M double sided tape to those.

Reactions: supergordo
1 - 20 of 30 Posts