TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,811 Posts
A little of both, I used the brackets on the rockers, drilled out the 2 mounting holes on the door and added 3M double sided tape to those.
I'm getting read to install them on my older sons SuperBirdo project. Just thinking and rethinking, and need to save a whole day for doing it.

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm getting read to install them on my older sons SuperBirdo project. Just thinking and rethinking, and need to save a whole day for doing it.
If you can, try and find the rocker panel brackets, that'll be the most secure way of keeping them on. I got measurement of an SC, so mine are almost in the exact spot they should be. It took me about a half day to do. Patience and a good measuring tape is key!

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,811 Posts
If you can, try and find the rocker panel brackets, that'll be the most secure way of keeping them on. I got measurement of an SC, so mine are almost in the exact spot they should be. It took me about a half day to do. Patience and a good measuring tape is key!
I have a full set of rocker panel brackets and the door brackets.

Reactions: Ericv8thunderbird

·
Registered
1995 40th Anniversary Edition 4.6L
48 Posts
Sounds great and looks good! I also like what you did on your hood. Can get a little info on that? Are they functional? I will need to do something like soon.

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Reactions: Darin10
21 - 30 of 30 Posts