TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished up my exhaust today. I started out cutting everything off after the first 2 cats. Wow... Too loud and ****ty sounding. And I had 2 Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers brand new sitting there. Put them things on right where I had cut the factory exhaust. Everyone told me not to do it, I would have enough clearance.

Well it had plenty of clearance. Fit in the NICE. But the fumes were way too bad, coming straight from under the car. And the noise inside the car was way too much, it also rattled the **** out of the interior. So I took it to the shop today and ran pipes back from both.

Wow, quieted that down a lot! Now it has a deep growl at WOT and a nice sounding idle. But the sad thing is, routing the pipes was a hell of a time. I lost probably 2 inches of ground clearance. The pipes hang lower than the mufflers! Anyway, I have 3 exhaust leaks which need to be tacked up. Other than that I am very happy. I am planning on uploading the pics to my cardomain here as soon as I get them. All together exhaust cost: $240.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Can anyone point me in the direction of some cheap but great looking exhaust tips? I am not sure if I want square, angled, straight, double square, blah blah blah. I am looking to spend no more than $50, but I want 2 great looking tips. Thanks alot.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
"I am looking to spend no more than $50, but I want a 2 great looking tips.

I'm a big fan of 2 great looking Tips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts