TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I went to see this last night and it's an awesome flick.

Good story line and decent soundtrack, too.

Nice to see the old F1 muscle light the Tyrell six-wheeler.

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
I saw this two weeks ago. Most excellent movie! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ron Howard can really tell a story and the whole cast was top-notch!

·
Super Moderator
7,492 Posts
I saw it last night, and definitely a good movie. He went a little hollywood on it and there were some definite embellishments, so don't go looking for a documentary about him, but it was enjoyable, and some of the driving scenes were very intense on the big screen! I was also very impressed with Daniel Bruhl! He really got Niki's mannerisms and facial expressions down perfect!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I still watch Grand Prix, and Lemans from time to time. Looking forward to seeing a modern one like Rush with state of the moment fx, and cinematography.

This is a good tribute/doc. on Ayrton Senna.

http://youtu.be/MVRK0ZZhFWY

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Yea, I love to watch indy racing too. It's still as dangerous as ever with the death of Dan Wheldon almost exactly two years ago (October 16, 2011) and the crash just this past Sunday of Dario Franchitti.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to collect Corgi open-wheel diecasts when I was young. I believe I have the black John Player Special Lotus and one of the Elf cars.

I also have Gordon Johncock's red CAM2 car as well.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yea, I love to watch indy racing too. ...

Yep, me too. Don't get me wrong. NASCAR is great. But the thinking mans open wheel race is the creme de la creme. Seeing one in person is diff. on my bucket list.

I used to collect Corgi open-wheel diecasts when I was young. I believe I have the black John Player Special Lotus and one of the Elf cars.

I also have Gordon Johncock's red CAM2 car as well.
I have a passion for the seat of the pants cars of the days long past, and names like Stirling Moss.

Here's one that I view often to pepper my music playlist. It's a BRM 1.5 liter V16. No that's not a typo.:) ...and for god's sake man...play it loud!!!

http://youtu.be/OnEA-m8cVcE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts