TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its something i have thought about for a while but just finally got around to building. Why the lower arm/mount? To stabilize the lower arm. With the stock shock removed and just the bag in place it becomes becomes unstable and twists. So it is basicly an "A" arm now with 2 mounting locations.

if you want to see a few more pics HERE

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
advantages to having air? or this type of air set-up?

having air - none, IMO, other than being able to raise and lower the car

this type of air set-up - uses a normal bag and not having to buy $1000 shockwaves, a little faster, more lift

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what you mean by "flogging".

I have driven it and so far so good. When i didn't have the lower arm it twisted and it wouldn't even lift so it couldn't be moved. So I think i'm ok. Some people just put the bag on the lower arm and it works for some . I think it is a function of how bad of shape your crossmember bushing is in. But I don't want it to twist when my new bushing goes bad.

its pretty stable - its a 7.5" long bolt at the crossmember now. its a 9/16 grade 8 which is a slight bit bigger than the metric 10.9 that was there. I had to run a drill through the bushing to "clean it out" so the bolt would fit through.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh - almost - i am still building trust in it now. my last air i beat the heck out of and it stayed together. i am still careful over things to listen and see hoe it goes. it has only been on there driving for about 4 days now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
looks good scott looks good
i need a new front the mark 8 isnt fast enough

1 - 8 of 8 Posts