TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 96 bird keeps stalling out when driving slow (stop lights, traffic, my road almost to my driveway) and i swapped the fuel filter and it still does it. i'm GUESSING it's the fuel pump but feel free to correct me or throw out other possibilities. apparently to swap out the fuel pump i have to drop the gas tank. not terribly fun but you do what you gotta do. i was wondering, in case the next one ever dies too, is there a gas tank i could get that has the pump OUTSIDE THE TANK? inline would be nice. my dad almost swapped to an older tank on his 88 bronco 2 for this same reason.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how would i go about doing that?

i also have alot of noise coming from my intake somewhere according to autozone and the ford dealership, but neither can figure out where. had that since i got it and thought it was just the cold air package.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok. as for the air noise, i just took off my air intake, ran the engine, still had the noise. took off the throttlebody and upper intake plenum, couldn't see any damage. could my manifold be cracked from underneath?

·
5,650 Posts
If you had a crack that was producing an audible noise as you describe, I doubt the car would be drivable. There would be so much additional air that it wouldn't be able to maintain a low idle, and it would not want to stall. Can you get a video of it perhaps?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k ill try tomorrow.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just checked that. apparently the idle air adjustment screw has been rolling around between spark plugs and injectors for a year now. no wonder it was so loud. still kinda loud but that took it down a notch. and between that and cleaning my throttlebody which looked more like a junkyard oil pan i fixed my stall issue too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts