TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!. My name is Ian. In July I bought the plum 92 that a member here "CrystalPistol" used to own. I think it was only 1 other person who owned it between us. I just had it repainted due to the clearcoat being shot. (I had no idea it had a pink stripe originally until I saw his pics posted here, they had been removed when I got it.) I've replaced the gears in the odometer, and replaced the entire stereo system. I still have more on the agenda. It is still running and driving great with no major complaints. (other than an exhaust whistle that will be fixed soon) It has several mods that I am not sure who did on it. ex: true dual exhaust w/no cats, smog pump/egr delete, CAI, etc. I have had 2 other 92 5.0 Sport coupes in the past. 1 of which had a 5spd swap. I have always thought these were great cruising/interstate cars.

Currently I have a 1969 VW show car and bought this so my wife will have something to take to shows and cruise-in's as well. She has only had it to one show and people seemed to really like it.

Anyway, I know... pics or it didn't happen. lol So here are a few pics from a couple weeks ago.

Ian Campbell

p.s. Video of my "toy collection" for those of you interested.

·
Super Moderator
8,101 Posts
Welcome! That paint is looking really good!

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Registered
248 Posts
Cars look sweet! Now come on over to Front Royal Va!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!
Welcome! That paint is looking really good!
Thanks! I just installed fox body 5.0 emblems on the fenders yesterday also.

I love that color. And Im glad to see the car back on the site and in the hands of someone who will care for it.
Oh yeah, it is being very well cared for now. It had a few issues when I got it and I have been knocking the list out every chance I get. I am trying to decide if I want to get the vinyl to replace the pink stripes.

Cars look sweet! Now come on over to Front Royal Va!
LOL I do pass through Winchester with some regularity on my way to Cumberland MD. I actually was up the way Sept 17-20 with my VW for the big "Dubs at the Gap" show. I currently live in Amherst VA. Next time I am out that way, I will have to give you a yell. But the bird will not be doing many flights during winter. It will be in hibernation with the Motorcycle and VW.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,604 Posts
I've always liked that car. It's great to see it's still in good hands and is continuing to be well cared for.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,821 Posts
Welcome! :)

Looks sweet, enjoy!

Joe

·
Registered
652 Posts
Looks great! I'm up in Dumfries. You are pretty close to Tim. He's in Roanoke.

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet ride! I love that color. And what brand of wheels are those? They look great!
I think I read that a former owner (crystalpistol) said they were off a 00-01 Mercury Cougar. He stripped and polished them, black painted accents, and made the center caps himself. I figure he will see this thread at some point and comment. I know they have spacers/adapters on them, I assume he put them on as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,101 Posts
The wheels are 89-91 Cougar XR7 wheels.

Reactions: CrystalPistol

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Thanks!

Oh yeah, it is being very well cared for now. It had a few issues when I got it and I have been knocking the list out every chance I get. I am trying to decide if I want to get the vinyl to replace the pink stripes.
I had a file with measurements of the two tone pink stripes, I'll look for it. I told a buddy it took a man that was sure of his machismo to wear pink stripes. :D They were factory. The interior was might near perfect. I don't know who modified exhaust or other mods, was all OEM when I sold it. You mention speedometer gear ... that speedometer was once replaced for that reason befor I got it, was a sticker on the door jamb. AC had R-134A too, converted at the Ford dealer in 1996 I think it was. Paint looks super, like it did in 2006. The guy who painted it before I got it did move an emblem on the back as I recall. You are the 4th owner since new.

Sweet ride! I love that color. And what brand of wheels are those? They look great!
Those are 7 spoke 16x7 Mercury Cougar XR-7 wheels stripped of the plastic like coating, polished while on the car with engine running in gear and rr up on a jack, one at a rtime, no tire or valve stem, just a block, wrags, polish ... lots of hours in them, then I used an old discarded highway sign, cut the centers using circle cutter and polished after attaching the springy rings from the plastic "CAT" centers, with stainless steel pop rivets ... polished too. NO spacers or adapters were ever on it that I know of. Car is about 2.25" lower than stock on shortened JJJJ springs, it is a real "Sport". 1992 Sort was a seperate model, not a simple package or name. Was only year that Sport was a model. Also has quicker steering OEM, and Tokico Blues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't noticed the sticker on the jamb. Currently the odo in it shows 75k, I think. I just replaced the gears in it. I think I paid about $30-35 for them from Rockauto.
I may have to start hunting for the rear T-bird and "sport" emblems now that I know it is a thing and just did a google image search. lol
I am planning on giving it its first wax job since the paint job tomorrow. I am going to put some time into polishing the wheels as well. I may remove the spacers off the front while I am at it. Some time this winter I am going to work on getting the engine compartment fully detailed and looking new again.

thanks so much for the info, and hope you are pleased with the fact it is going to be treated so well now. Even if it is relegated to only a few hundred miles a year. 😁

1 - 15 of 15 Posts