TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in new heater core, what a FPITA! Forgot which way the heater hoses hook up. anyone have a picture, or explain it clear as mud to me? does the drivers side heater core, go to the passenger side connection on the motor? that's kinda what i was getting from another post. TIA

·
Registered
244 Posts
The left one (while looking at the motor from the front of the car) connects to the spout sticking up behind the head. The right one connects to the intake manifold. If you'll notice, the left one is size 5/8 (smaller) and the right one is 3/4 (larger)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Also, if you haven't already, be sure to put a ground strap on that new heater core or you'll most likely be replacing it again in a few months. If you have no idea what I'm talking about and think I'm crazy, search 'electrolysis' in the forums ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So...hook them straight up? I can't picture left versus right.

·
Registered
244 Posts
So...hook them straight up? I can't picture left versus right.
Left being the heater core spout closest to the edge of the car, and right being the spout closet to the center of the car, here's a pic of mine, as you can see, the one I have my fingers on is the right one (closet to the center of the car) hooks into the intake manifold

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts