TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get my hands on a 100% Mint 35th aniversary Thunderbird SC with 10,000kms (NOT MILES). The car is MINT!

What do you think I could get for it if I were to advertise on SC forums like this or to a collector etc.

Any approx value on car?

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
The car is only worth as much as the buyer will pay.. I wouldn't pay more than 5 grand for a mint 35th SC. And I mean complete mint, low miles, and 5 speed. But then again, I'm not a collector, nor am I currently looking for a 35th SC.

From a collector stand point, you might be able to get more out of it because they are a collector and if they want it, they will pay money for a mint one, especially 5 speed.

But again, it all depends on the buyer and how much he is willing to spend. I would look up blue book value on it and fluctuate (spelling?) from there.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
That sounds like a nice car. I think they have gone pretty high on ebay before. On ebay you can make it out to be rare (I know it is but ebay bidders just love when something is rare so mention it a lot) and you should be able to get some good money for it. It could probably go for anywhere from $6 grand - 10 grand. Thats US money. It probably wouldnt go for more then 5 on our boards unless someone is really looking for it. It is of course just my opinion.

You can contact Lance for some good info and if you dont buy it let him know, he might know a good home for it somewhere.
Lance A. Morgan, Registrar
35th Anniversary Thunderbird Registry
www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org
[email protected]

-Shawn

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
It IS rare. when you compare the number of 35th annys made to all 89-93 thunderbirds, it's less than 5%. It also came with color schemes not availible otherwise. We aren't just talking about a year that happened to have low production numbers.

I saw a 35th anny go on eBay for $10,000. it was mint, totally stock, and all the little knick-knacks the dealer gives you, and the window sticker. I beileve it had less than 2000 miles (3200Km) on it at the time.

Buy it ONLY if you can afford to put it in heated storage, only bring it out ONLY on dry summer days, and truck it if you plan to go a long distance to a car show. Otherwise, some one who can afford to do that deserves such a car. there are VERY few examples of the 35th anny like that around, I'd be such a waste to have some shmo total it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts