TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I just scored a real creampuff 97 LX... I've got a few mods in mind for this. One thing I'm confused about is the bolt pattern

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,452 Posts
Nice find.

Bolt pattern is the same as the Windstar/Taurus of the same era, 5x4.25" (5x108mm). There are some wheels out there for us, but if you aren't content with what you're finding you can do the Mustang hub swap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to go with some Cobra R, Saleen, or Mustang wheels...but I can't find anything available in the bolt pattern

·
Super Moderator
5,084 Posts
I wanted to go with some Cobra R, Saleen, or Mustang wheels...but I can't find anything available in the bolt pattern
Your best bet then would be to do a Mustang hub swap; it's a fairly common mod, and gets you the Mustang bolt pattern.

Do that ALONG with the new wheels; the current ones won't fit after the swap, natch!

RwP

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts
The Custom Wheel Shop is also a great source.

·
Registered
147 Posts
As a two-time Sport owner, stick with the 16" sport wheels, as there is nothing like them on the road today. Car rides a lot better on 16" wheels. Consider 255/50/R16 for the rear with 10" of tread. Also can lower the car an inch or so if you'd like. Did this on 96 but am keeping the 97 as close to stock as possible as one day your tbird will be very collectable--if you do have the SPORT option package and don't mod the hell out of it.
Where did you find this car? I just purchased 97 sport with 83K in Jan and looking for another in RED, WHITE or BLUE.

If you do have the SPORT option package(157A) and it has NOT already been heavily modified, and you want to MOD it up, Please consider selling the Tbird to me. I have just retired and am wanting to "rescue" 97 Tbirds, built in 97, with the sport option package and keep them as near to stock as possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts