TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you guys dealt with this new sticker less inspection yet? if you have then perhaps you can answer my question. i got stopped at the gate going into base the other night and was told my inspection was waaaaaay overdue (july). i however keep the reports they give you and showed the guard that it was done in may '08. so if i had the car inspected in may how can the inspection be due again in july?

from what i have read (and understood) i don't need to get it re-inspected until the registration is due in july.

or if i have it all wrong tell me to get my ace out and get it inspected.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's attached to the registration of the vehicle, now. No more stickers is absolutely correct. The only way I can think your inspection might be overdue is if your inspection was due in May but your tags were due in July. But even then.. if I read it right, your next inspection wouldn't be due until July 09.

It gives DMV more control over your vehicle. You can no longer get tags for a vehicle without having a valid inspection, first.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i had the car inspected in may '08 so im good until july '09 right? so i can just rip the old sticker off the car and not have to listen to the rent a cops at the gate.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and i thought of something else. what am i supposed to do if im deployed or tdy and i go overdue. how am i supposed to keep my registration current without the bs fines?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Being military they trump things I would presume...

BTW Welcome back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts