TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been wanting to get a cone filter for some time, but i also want to keep the rigged "ram" air I have. I was thinking ill just take the top of my airbox off and take the panel out and just stick the cone down in there. How will this work? I realized I will have to deal with cig butts and sand and such, so my friend (he loves 4 wheelers) gave me the idea to put an "outerwears" around the tip of the "ram air". An outerwears is kind of a nylon type thing that is water resistant and usually just straps over the filter on a quad. This should work quite well. It will give me cold air (which is apparently the only advantage of the ram air) while using the cone filter everybody seems to love. What do yall think?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
still be sucking hot engine air. You need a "box" so only air from the fender will get sucked into the intake. If you suck in much engine air, your going to be slower.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right... but wouldn't it only do that at idle? after you got moving wouldn't the air start moving around the cone?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
No...remember that the car is designed to allow air to circulate in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you put a "ram air" kit on it....A tube running from the front bumper to where your air silencer used to be, it would get a cooler air charge. (only when you're moving) That's what I did.

But, ultimately, I wasn't impressed. You still get hot air, so I switched to a paper cone in an "airbox" off of a later model Mustang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts