TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rear camber

Unless your rear suspension is different from my '91's, I'd check the toe links first. I had the same symptom--the alignment shop couldn't get the camber within specs on one of the rear wheels. Replacing the toe links--about $50 each from Ford--fixed the problem.

These forged links, about 3" long with a liquid-filled bushing at each end, attach to the front insides of the lower supension arms. If the rear wheels toed in or out much under braking or cornering loads, this would tend to steer the car (and to wear out the rear tires.) The links keep toe from changing very much.

If you need to replace them, it's easy. The midpoint of Chilton's torque specs is 185 ft.-lb. for the covered nut in front of the inner LSA bushing, and 130 ft.-lb. for the nut on the vertical bolt.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless your rear suspension is different from my '91's, I'd check the toe links first. I had the same symptom--the alignment shop couldn't get the camber within specs on one of the rear wheels. Replacing the toe links--about $50 each from Ford--fixed the problem.

These forged links, about 3" long with a liquid-filled bushing at each end, attach to the front insides of the lower supension arms. If the rear wheels toed in or out much under braking or cornering loads, this would tend to steer the car (and to wear out the rear tires.) The links keep toe from changing very much.

If you need to replace them, it's easy. The midpoint of Chilton's torque specs is 185 ft.-lb. for the covered nut in front of the inner LSA bushing, and 130 ft.-lb. for the nut on the vertical bolt.
Does Toe-Links= End-links?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Does Toe-Links= End-links?

no. toe links connect the lower arm to the sub frame at a certain point, end links connect the sway bar to the lower arm.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have one bad toe compensator. The whole arm moves fore and aft on the poly bushings almost 1/4". Going with the Cobra poly bushings places double the load on the toe compensator. I also knew this was going to happen to my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts