TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok yall know my probs with thr car. The stock MAF housing has been replaced with a 75MM C&L the sensor and harness is tsock Ford. The TB is 75 MM Accufab the Upper lenum is $70mm C&L. Maybe my ecc is *****ig about it. I have a hypertech but I WILL get a chip that has the additions to my car in place. Do I or should I replace the sensor? the harness or what to make this work? It runs fine but if it make smy engine light stay off and get the full benefit of the extra power yeah it needs to be done. I heard a02 MAF sensor is the way to go. Any others am I lost. See a lot of different things when I searched but I just wann get my facts straight.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
First thing I'd try is putting the MAF back to stock. Don't wanna hurt your feelings, but that C&L stuff is junk - it causes more problems than it solves.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
:zwthstpd: Unless your making a bunch of hp, or supercharging, there is no need for a bigger maf, and most aftermarket mafs are awful, especially c&l, pro-m is better, but there's no substitute for the quality of a factory ford maf.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When they said to make the powe ryou upgrade the maf I was assuming it ment larger unit itself. I thought replacing the sensor involved cutting wires and I thout it was bolt on? Can the sensor just be removed frot he harness and replaced with stock? then there isn't any gains to be made i thought? Do I got witha laterr model MAF sensor I know I want it to be able to handle my additional airflow. I can put stock unit back on the air box if need me but then im back to where I started. Do I get a GT MAF and housing> or what excatly i thought I knew what I was doing by all this reading I guess not. Ill go back to stock for now and see.
Regg:confused:

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
It's all about tuning actually. I would suggest you get an '02 GT MAF and go from there. The Ford MAFs have a known transfer function, and are easy to tune for. C&L's don't, and that's why you'll see a lot of people against them. Pro-M does, but they have larger variations in their output than Ford. Call Dan Newman, and get the whole GT MAF/airbox/filter assembly, it's cheaper than most people are selling used MAFs for, and contact SCT about burning a chip to match, that's your best bet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts