TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car started having problems yesterday afternoon when I got off from work, the car started to stall, rpms would go up (4500rpms) and down (300rpms). I drove the car all the way to my house (20min) and I started searching the tccoa forums for "4.6 stalling" related topics. I did the following as stated on the title, I put in the new IAC about 30 minutes ago, I cranked the car up and, there it goes again!! I also noticed that it's not throwing any codes, even though the CEL keeps coming on and off, and sometimes the O/D OFF light comes on and there's a "beep" and the O/D OFF light goes off again..... So what should I look for next? TPS? Any transmission sensor that needs replacing? If so, which one? MLPS? I doubt it. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
468 Posts
wahts going on, remember me, you meet me and a friend and the stock yard in ft worth. the ones w/ the green tbird w/ the grey hood and the green lowered cougar. i say check for vacumm leaks. their are some vac lines that are plastic around that area that may break real easly or poss. check the iac agian,
________
Honda CB700SC

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
SyriusCougar95 said:
I remember you, I have checked for all possible leaks, I put in a new IAC, cleaned the MAF, etc.....it still stalls, I'm thinking maybe the car's starving for fuel. I took the stock pump out and put in a 255lph in it, so maybe, just maybe the stock injectors can't handle the extra pressure....
????
There are people that have 255 LPH fuel pumps with stock injectors.... are you sure it's installed correctly and none of the pickups from the fuel pump are loose?

How's the fuel filter?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Anything from the exhaust? If your FPR can't handle the pressure of the 255LPH it could have gone south, allowing each injector pulse to spew more fuel than it thinks its getting. Thats my idea.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuel filter was replaced when I put in the 255 pump, although I noticed black smoke coming from the exhaust, white smoke would mean a blown hg, so I know it's not that, right now I'm about to put in a new TPS, clean the whole TB, and drive the car around for a couple of minutes..and see what happens. The fuel pump is installed correctly. I used this to perform the install: fuel pump install

1 - 7 of 7 Posts