TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4R70W trans for a 2001-2003 Mustang GT that I'm having Alan at DirtyDog Performance work on and install in my '97 T-Bird sport, and I want to also replace the MLPS and speed sensor with new ones before the trans gets installed. I already have the new speed sensor, but I'm unsure as to which MLPS I need to get - the one for the '97 T-Bird is different than the one that is on the Mustang trans, isn't it? From what I've read on here, I'm thinking I need one for a 1997 T-Bird 4R70W trans, correct?

Thanks!

Dennis

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The information I have says the part number for the MLPS for a 1997 T-Bird 4.6 liter 4R70W trans is F5AZ-7A247-A, which has been superseded by F5AZ-7A247-AA - can anyone confirm that this is the correct part number for the MLPS I need?

Also, where is the best source through here to buy Ford parts? Who is our Ford parts vendor? Do we even have one?

Thank you!

Dennis

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
& again there's an MLPS that comes with all new Connector Kit that comes in handy as original Connector Retainingg tangs get brittle & break as well as the newer Connector Gaskets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts