TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All right everybody I got all my new parts installed, New combo is trick flow track heat intake, accufab big oval throttle body, and a 2.95 pulley for the vortech. I got rid of the boost-a-pump, the in-line 255, and replaced the in-tank 255 with a 405 so the fuel system could keep up.
It's scheduled to be dyno tuned on april 25 at 10am at henson performance. The car previously put down 454 rwhp and 393 rwtq on a dynojet. Any guesses for the new numbers?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Depends on the grade of fuel

·
Super Moderator
11,903 Posts
455 rwhp and 394 rwtq :tongue:

Did you ever get that oil blow-by issue fixed? If so what was the source and solution?

·
Super Moderator
10,375 Posts
I'm gonna' split the diff at 475 and 400.

If you were losing more than that by the fuel system, you'd know by now, IMHO. :D

Wait; what was the pulley before the swap? And what intake? A short search gave many answers, lol.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'll say 525/437.. Can't wait to see the number's..

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
On what kind of dyno? with or without load?

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
455 rwhp and 394 rwtq :tongue:

Did you ever get that oil blow-by issue fixed? If so what was the source and solution?
I have to move the pcv valve hose to the inlet side of the sc. When the car hits boost the pcv valve closes when it should be open, so once I move the hose pre blower the pcv system should flow the direction it's supposed to. I'll have to fiddle with how its routed and find out where I want the oil catch can. I think it's just a matter of routing the system right. Also I think i'll need a better bypass valve since my bosch probably wont last to 15+psi. I still got some stuff to do, but I'll get there. I'm hoping for 550 rwhp and 430-450 rwtq...My fingers are crossed. :D

I'm not sure what kind of dyno they use.

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They use a dynocom loaded dyno. he said his cars read 10-15% lower than a dynojet, which is what my car was ran on with eric z, and I can vouche for that ...lol. He couldn't tune it yet because he said he wanted to save me some money, and since I dont have a sct tuning device he would have to start from scratch. He pulled some info out of the comp. and he said if he was able to recover the existing tune it would speed up the process alot. As it sits right now my current tune is VERY safe to say the least. the A/F was 10.8 no meth and 10.3 with it, it actually lost power on the meth. He said the tune had very little timing added. It put down 433 rwhp and 378 rwtq.

·
Super Moderator
11,903 Posts
Bring it up to Dan at ProDyno in Charlotte (Rock Hill, SC)

He's probably the best Tbird tuner in the Country. He's tuned Joel Bender's car, Shadowdragons car, Darren's car, Ricky's car (which use to belong to OX). He's worked on Rob's cars, R429460 /Rick Pingol's Cougar, and he's dynoed my car - although he didn't do any tuning on it.

He works closely with Rob on tuning the Tbirds and really gets them dialed in perfectly!

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a loooong drive for a tune...lol. We will see what this guy can do, and if I'm not satisfied, I'll think about getting my car tuned when I come up in july. I think once this car really gets dialed in it's gonna be a beast.

·
Super Moderator
11,903 Posts
It's always been a beast. It just needed some TLC to bring it back to its full potential.

I'm glad you've got the car now and are getting the maintenance that it needed done. :thumbsup:

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm glad I have it too :D. If I ever have to get rid of her, I'll buy a gas saver and make driving a point A to B deal, because power/comfort wise I'll never have a better or more fun car. This car fits me perfectly, and I'm glad I got the chance to get it when I did. And like you said, it has always been a beast, but a little more never hurts ;) .

When I come up, I can't wait to line up with all the other sc mn12s... I bet its a sight to see getting owned by Robert when you are sitting next to him in a 11 sec bird knowing you have no chance...lol. I think you and me will be a close race time wise Ron but I think you will have me, because I suck at reaction times, since I don't race very often. It will definitely be fun that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Random question but Blake what size front tires do u have? Are they wider than the rears? Im asking because i want to put that size on the bullitts on my mustang

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update. I just got a 31x12x4 intercooler, and a vortech mondo bypass valve, and I'm gonna move the battery and methanol tank to the rear, and redo all of the vac lines, and probably gonna do an a/c delete as well because it doesn't work anymore and its just taking up space.
I need to clear a good bit of space for all the IC piping. I have the bumper off already since it got damaged, so I just decided to get started on getting all the stuff for a FMIC setup.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts