TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody seen the 06 monte carlos and impalas?
chevy
they're still fwd :thumbsd: but they get a new 5.3l v8 :thumbsup: w/ 303 hp and 323tq.

looks like its the same platform tho.

....and i dont like the front, looks almost exactly like a civic

EDIT: i dont kno wtf that other thing is tho...looks like a jeeo liberty hit a pt cruiser and some how came out with chevy badges

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
doesnt look to bad to me, i think that displacement on demand thing is pretty cool too. too bad its fwd, and its a chevy.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I don't know... I'm not a Ford guy, so I think the Impala and Monte look pretty neat. (not necessarily cool, but neat) I wish they were RWD though. I still don't like the shape of the C-pillar on the monte though. :zpuke:

I think the "van" thing is just the SUV version of their SSR truck. I don't know what I think of it though.

·
Registered
801 Posts
not to be mean or anything or sound like an a$$ but if your not a ford guy, why are you posting here??????

CamellionCat
Cobra MarkVIII

·
Registered
927 Posts
CamellionCat said:
not to be mean or anything or sound like an a$$ but if your not a ford guy, why are you posting here??????

CamellionCat
Cobra MarkVIII
:2huh: I own 2 Tbirds. I just meant that I don't like or dislike cars just because they aren't made by Ford. Sorry for the confusion. :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Looks to me like they just grafted parts from the cobalt onto each of them. They still looks like crap :zpuke:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I really don't like the new Monte's. I used to like them, but now they just look like everything else. Boring.

This is the Monte I WILL own someday. My wife knows it, and has delt with it, lol.... 1970 here I come :headbang:

This has all the "V8 on demand" that I want. Choice of 350 or 454SS, and style to boot :cool: It may look too much like a Chevelle for some people, but the 70 to 72 Montes have a special place in my heart. Man, I miss my 70. Good times..... bad girls.....ahhhhh.... :xpwink:

Jay

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
not bad in my opinion. to bad they are staying fwd though.

Frank

·
Registered
158 Posts
Black_97_LX said:
:2huh: I own 2 Tbirds. I just meant that I don't like or dislike cars just because they aren't made by Ford. Sorry for the confusion. :)
Ditto. Also, i am glad to see the interior upgrades, espacially on the Impala. My cousin has a 04 SS and i must say the interior is quite plain and boring, the 06 looks much better!

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Stew said:
Ditto. Also, i am glad to see the interior upgrades, espacially on the Impala. My cousin has a 04 SS and i must say the interior is quite plain and boring, the 06 looks much better!
i agree. gm has been slacking hardcore on their interiors in recent years but they are doing much better now with the 04/05 gto and now the 06 monte and impala.

Frank

·
Registered
56 Posts
I owned a 96 Impala SS and can remember the Impalas of the 60's and 70's well. The current version isn't in the same league, IMHO. I just don't care for the shape. To each his own.

FordMan77, you've good taste in cars. That Monte is nice.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
MapleLeafMerc said:
FordMan77, you've good taste in cars. That Monte is nice.

Why thank you. As do you. I see you have a Marauder now. Upgraded the Panther from CVN, eh? Been awhile since I've checked in over there. Good to hear from you. My wife likes the Earnhart edition Montes, but everytime I say I will just sell the bird and buy that for her, she protests. Says she can't stand driving anything less than a V8 now, lol. Go figure.

Jay

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
What the heck is that HHR? Didn't GM learn from the Aztek and SSR?...no, lets combine them and try for strike three. :thumbsd:

·
Registered
150 Posts
06 Impala SS

I guess you can say I'm sold...call me a trader if you will but that much Hp and the car gets 27 Mpg on the highway, yah it's still fwd. But not bad for a grocery getter/ family ride. Check it out for yourself.

Power on demand. what do you think?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Take an Camary and slap a Bowtie on it.

I see alot of problems from a FWD V8 (I've work on caddy V8 300s), and expect trannies to die and obscene repair bills for everything else (like $900 waterpumps).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts