TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoodwinked - watched 5 minutes turned it off it was stupid
When A Stranger Calls - still watching it but it reminds me of parts of Scream/Scary Movie except those were much better

Glad I paid $5 a piece for them

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
You're glad you paid $5 a piece for movies you hate?

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
LOL, I was debating on whether to see "When a Stanger Calls", but you just helped me confirm my choice of not wasting my time/money! I take it you have it BL'ed... I may rent it... who knows!

:D

PS - Annapolis was a descent movie...

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$5
Compared to paying $10 a person plus popcorn soda chips all that crap (probably $40)

yep the stranger calls movie was ok but the phone ringing was really ridiculous it gave me a headache!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to get Annapolis, but it was 4 movies for $20 and I got some Geisha movie and some other movie Something New I didnt watch yet since my girl wanted to see those

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tony said:
LOL, I was debating on whether to see "When a Stanger Calls", but you just helped me confirm my choice of not wasting my time/money! I take it you have it BL'ed... I may rent it... who knows!

PS - Annapolis was a descent movie...
if you saw scary movie you saw stranger calls only difference is the phone rings like you are at Jerry Lewis's telethon

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Palmguy said:
You still wanted to see it after seeing the preview? Wow...

Annapolis was pretty good.
Well I only saw the preview once or twice and the wife said it looked "scary'...LOL, but everything is scary to her...hehe!

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
so how do you guys think doom looks. ill rent it just cuz i have played and beat all the doom games. so why skip the movie. and i want to see silent hill the movie. it looks good. unlike resident evil:thumbsd: . but they say that silent hill is 5x what resident evil was. so ill check it out.

also anybody here into the final fantasy VII advent children movie ??? i thought it was great. i have it on dvd (i have good resourses) also i got underworld evolution on dvd too.

·
Registered
817 Posts
doom was a 4/10. effects were decent, story was almost true to the game(though there was no chromosome24 in the game), and acting was sub-par(duh, its the rock). very predictable, much like resident evil. only good part was first person mode, and that was only like the last part of the movie for a few seconds.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hostel - worst movie I've seen in years

I saw "flash gordon" on TV the other day from the 70's. True, there were more naked women in Hostel, but the plot and directing were about equal.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Lord of War was great! Loved that, never even heard of it until my friends rented it.

$10 for a movie? College students at the theater I used to work at the past 4 years cost $5, $6 for adults. 2 20 oz. sodas and a 46ish oz. popcorn cost $6.98, and refills on pop or popcorn are 25 cents each.

Hoodwinked was different. It was odd... Not real sucky, but not that great. The grandma hangglides and snowboards... odd...

List of good movies my bro and I have (Good movies you gotta have. Are others, but these are at the top of the list):
Punisher
Blazing Saddles
Office Space
Detroit Rock City
Robin Williams: Live on Broadway
Catch Me If You Can
Half Baked
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Friday, Next Friday, Friday After Next
Old School
Ray
Resident Evil
28 Days Later
Shawn of the Dead
The Italian Job (1969), The Italian Job (Newest)
Training Day

Movies I've recently watched for the first time and liked:
Four Brothers
Boondock Saints
Blown Away

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Just watched a few movies over the past few days...

"Into the Blue" - Wow Jessica Alba is so HOT, that is just about the only thing good about this movie. But it is worth watching just because of that!! LOL Had some nice scenery of the beautiful water! Amazing how clean some of the waters out in the world are. I was a never a big fan of Paul Walkers acting either.

"The Fog" - I thought that was pretty crappy, just didn't keep me interested.

"The Man" - was just OK. It humored me just enough to like it.

"American Pie: Bandcamp" - Well they tried. A tad interesting, mainly because of the naked chicks. I am a fan of the American Pie series and particularly Stifler. And this kid did a good job of impersonating him, but it just wasn't right.... I see why it didn't go into theaters (and if it did, it was for a real short time)!

"Flight Plan" - Another one that I enjoyed! Had a nice twist. Kept my eyes opened!

"Piranha" (1978) - Haha, need I say more?? Probably good for its time. But just wasn't as good as when I watched it 15 years ago...lol

That's all for now!

·
Registered
789 Posts
shaun of the dead is awesome!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts