TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
One of the first mods I did to my 00 f250 was take out the K&N cone and went with paper :)

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
read the whole thing.

only thing i do different when doing comparisons, is do A - B - A testing.

that would have shutup the naysayers.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Could it be that the new cars are just plain better? Better engineering, more efficiant, less choked off from the factory? It's not 1994 anymore where the magic number from a ford V8 was 200 or so horsepower...little changes like an air filter will probably be less noticable...then again, wooshing sounding air intake systems, plus loud exhaust equal stepping deeper into the pedal, and that weight reduction from a lighter wallet helps too.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Could it be that the new cars are just plain better? Better engineering, more efficiant, less choked off from the factory? It's not 1994 anymore where the magic number from a ford V8 was 200 or so horsepower...little changes like an air filter will probably be less noticable...then again, wooshing sounding air intake systems, plus loud exhaust equal stepping deeper into the pedal, and that weight reduction from a lighter wallet helps too.

Could have something to do with it. I know Nissan's VQ (I think that's the code) engines are pretty much squeezed for everything from the factory.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
wow...people still believe modern PCMs need to "learn" new air filters....LMAO. That's what the mass air meter is for, duh!
Yeah, it seems that I keep hearing more and more about how people get a CAI for their mustang and get the tune thats "required" for it. So you can get the most from it. I suspect nearly all of the gain is from the tune itself. I suppose different bends could change how air flows through the metering bore, kinda like how people used to flip MAFs back in the day, but it just seems a bit redonk to me :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts