TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to make a new maf off of an 05 and newer mustang work with a 94 eec? The reason i am looking into this is because they are of a style where the sensor itself easily unbolts from the maf housing and can be switched to a larger housing. So since that is possible it would be possible to make a custom intake tube to utilize the ram air scoops on a cervini's hood and insert the sensor into this tube making for a very clean setup. thanks, Dave

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
I would imagine you would need a tune for that, and I wouldn't go sticking sensors into hood scoops, as there is probably a lot of turbulence inside them.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
don't take the sensor out of the housing. it is specifically calibrated to that housing.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Yes this can be done, yes it can be put into any size tube and tuned appropriately.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what i was gonna make was essentially a y pipe. i would have 1 tube coming off of each scoop with its own antenna at the scoop, then they would y together, once y'd the maf and temp sensores would be mounted there.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
you can do that with other mafs too as long as it is tuned. the stock maf can be unbolted as long as you make a custom mounting plate for it and sampling tube

·
Registered
185 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts