TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on this adapter set? ? Livernois Motorsports is asking $650 for it and it allows NPI's to run a PI intake manifold. Think the SVO is worth almost twice the cost?

Pete

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You'd be better off porting the heads to match. Heck you'd be better off not using the adapters at all.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
Personally that isn't a bad price for all that....especially for people like me that need the updated intake, not to mention if you want to keep low compression with NPI heads and upgraded cams... you can also use the plates for any other aftermarket PI intakes...

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
They are also checking to see if they will sell just the plates seperately, so that would be a better option for aftermarket intake swappers.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That'd would be great. I could really use a better intake and I figured this would be a good option because it will let me run the rugular PI manifold with gains, and most likely all other aftermarket manifolds that come out will be PI versions first.

Pete

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
BIG PETE said:
most likely all other aftermarket manifolds that come out will be PI versions first.
Pete
That's what I'm seeing so far also, The RR, Fox Lake, and upcoming BBK intakes are all made for the PI heads.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just got off the phone with them and they will not sell just the adapter plates. They will only sell it in two ways, the whole kit for $650 or the kit minus the Intake for $499. I have to clear it with my CFO (wife) but I am pretty sure I will be buying one of these whole kits soon.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My understanding is that they will have some tubes for the heater hose to clear the PI's bigger underside, the plates, and NPI and PI gaskets. The kit without the intake is what I want...you can bag a PI intake from a junkyard for cheap.

I'm just curious if the gains from the SVO intake are worth twice the cost, assuming you can even find one.

Pete

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
I have talked to them too, if you buy the kit without the intake, be prepared to do a couple of things! You will need to drill a hole for your extra sensor which they have done and for it to fit under your stock hood, you WILL need to mill the upper portion of the intake as well. Otherwise be prepared to cut hood bracing to put on this kit with another PI intake manifold not supplied by them!

·
Registered
663 Posts
The ad says tuning required. I wonder how true that is. KDanner or JL, did you have to tweek the tuning specifically for your intake?

B

·
2,116 Posts
Johnny had his car tuned after the intake was installed! How much was changed, I don't know.

·
2,116 Posts
Just to be clear on what I said above.

What I got from Livernois is that this kit with the PI intake "should" fit under a stock Tbird's hood! If you don't use the supplied intake, it likely won't fit! The reason being is that they milled the intake where the upper plenum goes to reduce the height that the adapters cause.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TGJ said:
I have talked to them too, if you buy the kit without the intake, be prepared to do a couple of things! You will need to drill a hole for your extra sensor which they have done and for it to fit under your stock hood, you WILL need to mill the upper portion of the intake as well. Otherwise be prepared to cut hood bracing to put on this kit with another PI intake manifold not supplied by them!
In that case, I'd probably just bag their intake. They already modded the sensor issue and I don't think the mill I use has a vise big enough to grab the intake so I can hack it down...Man, I'm stoked!

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Because the PI heads aren't the key to power and I already have a set of ported and polished NPI heads. The flow on them is great and they netted me almost as much power as doing a full PI head and intake swap would be.

For a lot of NPI guys here, myself included, our choices of intakes is really limited and I'm just wondering what everybody else thinks about this combo compared to the SVO, our only option for twice the cash.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i'm gonna try it the JL/KD way.....use epoxy or JB Weld to fill in the PI intake and bolt it on....i already have the aluminum crossover from when my orig. intake was replaced under the "campaign".......hopefully it will work that way

1 - 20 of 40 Posts