TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone....

I've been checking out this site for a few years now, and decided to join the message board. I post alot on West Coast Fords ( www.wcfords.com ). But I realize I'd rather be around a board that deals more with Thunderbirds than Mustangs.

My car is a 1994 3.8L LX. I bought it new (sorta);) . My mom bought the car new in '94, and she knew that I wanted to buy it off her once I turned 17. (I was like 12 when she bought it). Well since she knew how much I loved it, she let me pick the color/interior scheme. I liked black, but there was something really beautiful about the Deep Emerald Green Metallic paint. In November of 2000, I bought the car from her for $5,000. It had a mere 38,000 miles on it. Soon after purchasing the car I began modifying it.
I started with the intake. I got a K&N conical filter, and a Pro-M 75mm MAF. With a little help with some ducting from Home Depot I was able to fabricate my own RAM-AIR kit. I removed the factory air box and ran an elbow down behind the lower vents in the bumper... so the air comes in from the lower ducts in the bumper and into the K&N. I've also added a sweet pair of 35th Anniversary Rims wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE730z tires. For sound I still have the factory head unit, but added a Pioneer 6 Disc CD changer in the trunk, a 300watt Bazooka Amp, a cuztom box containing twin 8" MTX Audio Subwoofers in the trunk.

Here are some pics:

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
If only I could do that with MS Paint...Looks pretty cool anyway

I suppose the tin foil on your intake tube is worth 35hp

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TurboCat said:
I'm assuming that clear hood is photoshopped and not real....?

Yeah... the clear hood is a photochop:D

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
tsbird, You go to U of S ?

Sweet! I'm just outside of wilkes-barre, we should meet up some time... I'm without a Bird at the moment, but desperately looking for another 4.6 Bird - know where i can find one local? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts