TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ended the season at Virginia Motorsports Raceway on my first run with an 11.153 @ 120.19 mph with a 1.53 60'. I ran one more time before being kicked off the track for no rollbar, it was an 11.218 @ 119.42 with a 1.55 60'. The MPx supercharger has seen it's last run down the track, now it's time to step it up something bigger........:cool:

·
Super Moderator
12,536 Posts
I ended the season at Virginia Motorsports Raceway on my first run with an 11.153 @ 120.19 mph with a 1.53 60'. I ran one more time before being kicked off the track for no rollbar, it was an 11.218 @ 119.42 with a 1.55 60'. The MPx supercharger has seen it's last run down the track, now it's time to step it up something bigger........:cool:
Something bigger like a rollcage? :tongue:

Congrats on the great runs and times. :thumbsup:

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Good Job Keith!!!!

I knew you'd be close with some hook. Loving those 60's.

I'd say you've maxed out that combo.

Waiting to see what you bring out next season.

Congrats Again.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Very close to that 10 second pass, very nice 60fts, looks like another mph maybe 2 on the top would have had 10s way to go, so close

Robert

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very close to that 10 second pass, very nice 60fts, looks like another mph maybe 2 on the top would have had 10s way to go, so close

Robert
You're probably right, I think I've done all I can do at the first half of the track, it's up top that it seems to run out of steam. What's weird is that at the Shootout I ran 11.33 @ 124mph, the last 2 times at VMP I've been stuck at 120 mph although I was cutting better 60' times.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
What kind of tires were you running? Any spinning on the launch? What kind of RPM were you launching at?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of tires were you running? Any spinning on the launch? What kind of RPM were you launching at?
The tires are M/T bias ply drag slicks 27x10.5x16's at 13 psi, there was no tire spin at launch just total acceleration. I was launching at idle which is about 950 rpm's, when I try bring the rpm's up and hold it with the brakes I end up pushing it through the beams.

Here's a vid of my 11.21 run with a 1.55 60', it's the 2nd run on the vid. The 1st run is a friend with a turbo 331 Silver Mustang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YzCmC5hK4s

·
2,643 Posts
You're probably right, I think I've done all I can do at the first half of the track, it's up top that it seems to run out of steam. What's weird is that at the Shootout I ran 11.33 @ 124mph, the last 2 times at VMP I've been stuck at 120 mph although I was cutting better 60' times.
It's not weird at all. Traction and better 60's often take away some MPH. Also, your top MPH was at another track. You ran 120's last time at VMP and again this time, same track. ET's were better this time due to the better 60 fts and comparable MPH as before.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The tires are M/T bias ply drag slicks 27x10.5x16's at 13 psi, there was no tire spin at launch just total acceleration. I was launching at idle which is about 950 rpm's, when I try bring the rpm's up and hold it with the brakes I end up pushing it through the beams.

Here's a vid of my 11.21 run with a 1.55 60', it's the 2nd run on the vid. The 1st run is a friend with a turbo 331 Silver Mustang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YzCmC5hK4s
Thanks. Judging by that 60 time, there was no spinning. Excellent run - I'm jealous.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
i seen bigger instead of secret earlier lol

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Funny guy I know what I saw, lol, that things gonna be a monster when your done with it, I see mid 10s in your future depending on the setup

Robert

·
2,643 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts