TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my @$$ out to Sac raceway for the last race night of the year. It was packed, so I only got 3 runs in. Two of them had laughable launches, mostly due to the horrible traction. Air was GREAT, but the temperature made it really hard for anyone to get a real good launch as you will see in my best time slip below, which was my second run.

I can't scan or photo since I don't have the equipment, and even if I did, this slip is a carbon copy *sigh* and is practically illegiable.

4402 (that's me)
RT: 0.673
60: 2.58
1/8: 10.270 (can't read MPH)

ET: 15.695 @ 91.132

I was hoping for a 15.5, but with a half tank of gas rather than a 1/4 and no traction, I think I did alright.

PJ

·
Administrator
8,246 Posts
PJ,

Great numbers! Now I guess everyone here has something to shoot for. Did you get the IMRCs taken care of?

Joe

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they seem to be working now... I just won't know the optimum opening RPM until I get the car on a dyno.

I just looked at the fastest rides section again, it still has my 17 second run that I had with my 3.8, but it lists me as having a 4.2!! That can be pretty embarassing... I should try to get this timeslip scanned so I can be on top until Rancher gets his tune... :/ Too bad it will look like a scanned piece of Wendy's napkin.

PJ

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I'm not going to be able to beat that N/A even with my converter. IF you had traction your 60's would drop to 2.3~2.2 and you could be into the low 15's or even a 14.99 if everything was perfect. 91mph is fast enough for a 14 second run :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good, so I am not going crazy-- I thought 91 mph was high for a 15.6. I think I figured out what was sooo bad. Although nobody had traction last night, I blame my rear shocks, which believe it or not, are still my factory shocks. They are definately shot. I was getting crazy amounts of wheel-hop. I will definately get new shocks before I hit the track again.

PJ

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
ya, My buddies SC was running 15.4's @ 89mph with a 2.2XX 60ft times With some minor wheel spin. I see no wheel spin with my car with the tracklock and 255/45's. I think with a good tail wind and launch you could see a 14.9 @ 93mph

·
Registered
718 Posts
PJ-4.2L: I'd like to see some runs with the IMRC's constantly open VS. opening via RPM and see what happens.

I also think a meet should be in order when I finish my 4.2L swap and well see who the fastest N/A v6 is: LOL

Brad M
91 Thunderbird W/99' Splitport & W/SC 5spd conversion (been there done that)
96' Thunderbird LX Sport W/4.2L (worked) & 4r70w (well see when its done)

Brad M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts