TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a series of bad events happen.. Nothing life or death but it was a bummer.

I have always been one to wear watches because I am the worst at keeping time and being organized on my busy days. My band broke the other day and I ordered myself a new one. I don't believe in changing watch bands or batteries in watches, its time for a new one if either one happens. I work in I.T. and sometimes my watches take a beating.

Anyway, I also bought a used Palm Pre2 just last week because of my Ford Sync not working well with my Treo Pro. I had it programmed Friday night and got it setup the way I want. I was pretty happy with the purchase and liked the way it worked.

My Wife and I took the kids to a Girl Scout event at the local recreation center, which has a very hard tile floor. My Wife asked me what time it was. Since I didn't have a watch yet (ordered it online), I had to use my Pre2 to get that information. Naturally, it slipped out of my hands and hit the floor. It landed right on the power button, which it located on the corner of the device. The battery flew out of it and broke the button so its hard to turn on. It works, but you have to play with it. Too bad they don't make an Otterbox for a Pre2!

I ordered another one, this time brand new. Lucky for me, these phones don't command a high price because WebOS is dead. I use prepaid cellular, so keeping a phone working is my responsibility. I don't have a contract though! Its a Verizon signal for a lot less money per month but you don't get the Verizon perks.

Just wondering, has anyone had a phone break within a 24 hour period like I did? I feel pretty stupid about the whole thing. The phones were flying at the recreation center because I noticed 2 other Moms throwing their phones around. Someone who walked by me also dropped their ipod touch but that was in a Otterbox style case.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I get pretty comfy with knowing when I buy a new phone, that I want a good case with it that will cost between $30-$50. I got a Ballistic case with my new phone and it actually survived a 15 foot drop test. No damage whatsoever. My contract is up, so I already have everything I need backed up for a new one. Although my phone before this, I dropped about 12 inches on some plastic bleachers and it cracked the screen pretty good.

Anywho, my football coach bought a Galaxy Note II, and he thought the stock flip case thing would be enough, he dropped it the first day and completely shattered the screen on it. It was still usable, but a nuisance, so he decided to get a new phone and get an expensive case. Most of the time it just all depends on the point in which it lands.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I don't think I have broken a phone within 48...months.

I have had to give up on phones after 4 or 5 years due to obsolescence, wear (silly Sony-Ericsson charger connectors), outside forced intended failure (daughter wanting a phone, but my 5 year old phone and plan still fine, suddenly my phone and its replacement get washed).

Rest of my family, on the other hand, go through phones or deal with broken ones for quite awhile.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Haha. true! I've always had the batteries crap out on me 2 or 3 times over before replacing them.

·
Registered
737 Posts
...I might be some Cro-Magnon or Neanderthal throwback...but I haven't had a cellphone of any kind in....five years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts