1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of the work...

Old soldier removed from service.
Note the sloppy work on the downpipes.

The long awaited pinion brace installed with the exhaust pipes out of the way.

The electric cutout, flange adaptors and Y-pipe.

The downpipes, Y-pipes and X-pipe in place.

The rear view of the Hooker Maximum Flow mufflers.

Kudos to the shop, Rodeheaver HotRod and Auto Repair, and to Tim Rodeheaver, the installer. :D

The sound is just awesome with the new mufflers. I still have the electrics to hookup before I get to hear it through the cutouts. Then we'll get a vid with a couple sound clips posted up. ;)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Very nice job......

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Can you PM me a rough estimate of how much that setup cost you to assemble, please? Definately a sweet exhaust, but I've got a budget to stick to.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's some nice plumbing there driller.
It's obvious cut out will increase your exhaust flow but with them close it sure seems like not a very efficient path.
Like life, there are always compromises. You have to prioritize and adjust accordingly. ;)

Mounting the cutouts the 'conventional' way wouldn't maximize flow with the cutouts open, particularly with a straight thru muffler design as the Hooker Maximum Flows.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
an easy way is to get 2 stock 65mm throttle bodies, and have some one make you custom flanges and find a good actuator. This is what I did but I ran a cable linkage to the throttles...cheaper than 300 a cutout lol

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
an easy way is to get 2 stock 65mm throttle bodies, and have some one make you custom flanges and find a good actuator. This is what I did but I ran a cable linkage to the throttles...cheaper than 300 a cutout lol
thats the most ghetto thing ive ever heard.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.