TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once again its getting cold and that means my car wants to stall when cold. More on this later.

I went to ford today and talked to a mechanic and the parts guys for ideas. About the only thing I haven't changed in the way of sensors is the maf but I told the mechanic I had cleaned it. He was adament that you cant do that. Well whatever.

So I asked the parts man what a new maf sensor would cost and he told $140 bucks with a core charge of 75. And he mentioned that they check the paint on the security screws of the sensor before they'll accept the core. New policy.

So fyi, cleaning your maf ruins the core value ($75). And I dont know what the hell to do about my car stalling. If anyone were to look at my posts (not that anyone would) but if you did, you'd find that over and over I replaced something and thought I had fixed it only to have the problem return the next winter.
Perch

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Thats a rip off. You should have left this post in the general tech section.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Talked to my ford parts guy and he told me they may check screws for warranty but not for core.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
5.0 Chero said:
Talked to my ford parts guy and he told me they may check screws for warranty but not for core.
yea thats bs , i would take it .as long as its together is all i care about . i think someone thinks they speak for ford.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
jk89cat said:

yea thats bs , i would take it .as long as its together is all i care about . i think something thinks they speak for ford.
:zwthstpd:

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
There are times I get so grateful someone at Ford has their head where they can count their own colon polyps. All they are doing is chasing customers to eBay and the after market auto parts stores.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just completely remove the MAF housing and spray it. You don't need to unscrew the sensor to clean a MAF.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
the 90mm LMAF doesnt have a core charge because it's an FRPP product, and Dan sells them for right around 100 dollars :)
-Thomas

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
soooooooo put some paint on the screws. A little white paint and you're off to the stealership.

·
8,239 Posts
to the first guy, it sounds like your dealer is a dick, and I would stop going there.

I would order parts from dan newman and have a good local mechanic work on your car.

Secondly, anybody ever heard of a paint pen? If they want to be stupid about it, then you go to the crafts store and spend 5 bucks on a paint pen.

JH

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never thought my parts guy was a prick. Now there was a time or two when I was convinced some of the ford engineers were pricks but this guy has been pretty good to me in the past. He sells to me at wholesale. But he did insist that ford has spanked their *** three times for taking in the maf's without checking the spot of paint. But that could just be talk. I dunno.

Anyway, I might should talk to the guy Dan that Thomas has mentioned. And thanks guys for the coments.
Perch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts