TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
yeah spindle bushings. I have those sitting on my desk. I'm not talking about the spindle bushings, I'm talking about the outter Mark LCA bushings.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Thomas said:
yeah spindle bushings. I have those sitting on my desk. I'm not talking about the spindle bushings, I'm talking about the outter Mark LCA bushings.
There aren't any outer rear LCA bushings....only spindle/knuckle bushings. Unless you are talking about the inner bushings...which is what I thought this was.

Russell

edit: rephrased

·
8,978 Posts
oh shoot, I was thinking oppositely. I guess it's been too long since I was under the rear suspension haha. Well in that case, the LCA bolts on the mark viii are longer, which I would then assume means that the bushings are longer. Do you think these will fit in Mark VIII LCA's?
-Thomas

·
8,978 Posts
okay so I just went out and compared the new MOOG K8658 bushings for the MN12 to my Mark VIII bushings and they're the same length, so I dont know why people say they're longer but they're not. So the bushings for the mn12 and the fn10 are interchangable. So these should work on all LCA's. And the MOOG bushings are 20 bucks a side, so these poly's are about the same cost.

I've also been looking on the net, it looks like these poly's are made by Prothane, part # 6-311.

-Thomas

·
8,978 Posts
I am going insane. I think its time for a vacation haha. Sorry for the meaningless babble I posted above. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
so does anyone make replacement bushings for the inside where the Lower and Upper control arms meet the subframe?

is there even a bushing in there? i haven't looked and i don't have my book on me. thanks.

essentially, the camber of my rear wheels is way too negative and i need to fix it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The bushings in the pic above ARE for the the lower Inner control arms, nobody makes a UPPER INNER,, mainly for the fact that last time I looked it was close to be a urethane part and it has a ecentric built in for camber

·
8,978 Posts
yeah, where it connects to the chassis. I was extremely and severaly confused earlier lol.
-Thomas

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Look on page 1,, the very first post. I included a pic of the bushings. and yes they are the lower control arm INNER bushings.

Brad

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm hoping you do go through with it Chris...lemme know if you want help. I should have my rear subframe out this winter ;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I already am beating you guys too it! I have a 36" long x 4" Diameter Rod of Red Urethane (90Shore) ready to be machined for body mounts! hehe

and that rod wasnt cheap!

·
Registered
138 Posts
rear bushing rebuild

alright, i just want to make sure on this because every post on bushings spins way too out of control.

i am rebuilding the rear suspension bushings. please correct me if i'm wrong or need additional bushings:

-rear upper and lower control arms to subframe: 'maximum motorsports, 6-311-BL, IRS Urethane Control Arm Kit'
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/irsarmbushings.asp
$80.00
-3 rear spindle to control arm bushings, upper and two lower: 'vintage performance'
http://www.vintageperformancemotorcars.com/
$89.00
-differential bushings: 'mn12 performance, IRS 100
http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12store/product.php?productid=6&cat=1&page=1
$40.00
-Toe Compensator Link: Moog K8594
$56.79

i'd prefer polyurethane over rubber but i want to replace everything while i drop the subframe and differential. do the subframe to body bushings usually need replacement? please reply with what i'm missing for bushings and what company sells them. thanks.

bob

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
The Maximum kit does not come with the correct upper control arm 'inner' bushings, Moog does. Be sure to look over the rear diff isolator mount/thing, I have seen my share of those fail. Other bushings not listed that you might want to replace would be the sway bar end links & shock bushings (MN12 sells a poly kit). The rear bearings are prone to fail after some miles so you may want to go ahead and do that one if so inclined.

-Scott

·
Registered
138 Posts
i'm replacing the rear bearings and rear differential... that's why i'm doing the bearings while i'm in there.

as for moog upper-inner bushings, can i buy them individually? and are they rubber or polyurethane? if the moogs come as a kit, do they include the lower-inner bushings?

you're right, i missed the sway bar bushings. any suggestions?

21 - 40 of 116 Posts