TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 2 years I've had my car its shifted funny. It hesitates when downshifting etc. Today I was riving and accelrated while turning. I had the gas down pretty well. I felt the tranny shift then it hesitated before jerking into gear. Its done that a couple times now. Several months ago I had a fluid flush done and they said the tranny was fine.. but why the hell is it doing this?

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Likely your torque converter, sounds to me like its slipping.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
on the 1-2 shift? on the down shift into 2nd? if so then your 1 way clutch is going bye bye............. ask me how I know. :D (mine lasted 3000 miles after that started on mine, just keep getting worse and worse until it failed completely.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Sounds like a torque converter problem, that float you feel is it slipping, and than that tug is it locking up, kinda like a kick to it, if yours is locking and slipping frequently its likely worn out, I could be wrong though, thats just what it sounds like to me. I'm no expert on tc's

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
also wouldn't hurt to make sure your trans isn't over or under filled.... just an after thought

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car has 124k miles. It looks like it was flushed with Mercon 3.... I told them I wanted mercon V but they insisted that there is no difference. Since the place is one of the best transmission shops in the area I figured they were right

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
NiteFire said:
The car has 124k miles. It looks like it was flushed with Mercon 3.... I told them I wanted mercon V but they insisted that there is no difference. Since the place is one of the best transmission shops in the area I figured they were right

Both you and they figured wrong. Slipping in a corner sounds like it is either low on fluid or has a filter issue. The rest might be converter related I don't really understand what you say it is doing.
Alan

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
They were wrong. . . . . Mercron V is definately a better fluid and recommended for these 4R's

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
just because they are a top shop dosent mean anything! it depends on the technician.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts