TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,821 Posts
Cosmetics...fender badge, tape stripe, floor mats.

Joe

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Administrator
14,031 Posts
What goodies does the 50th anniversary have?

Joe
~ $200 worth of dealer add ons so that they can charge thousands more for the car.

Anyway, glad to see the car is in good hands. Looking forward to seeing your restore and mods plans.

Reactions: Ericv8thunderbird

·
Registered
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6
8 Posts

Joe
My first car at 16 was a 1995 Outback, the first year of the outback and Subaru America was about to die and the outback was a last ditch effort. My outback was exactly like this thunderbird. Completely a trim line. My wagon wasn't any higher or fitted with larger tires than a Legacy wagon. The two tone paint apparently was cool enough, as in 96 they lifted the suspension, larger tires, and budged the roofline. My car had a stupid sticker that said Outback, not an actual badge. So long story short, I single handedly saved Subaru America.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,793 Posts
40ths weren't like the 35th anniversary or the 25th/30th anniversary packages found on Cougars where they were done on the assembly line with a host of unique parts and paint. The 40th was seemingly an afterthought and had the package available for application by dealerships at their whim, so there isn't any real consistency to what a 40th Tbird will and wont have, they were applied to any LX that made it to the lot(V8 or V6, moonroof no moonroof, ABS no ABS etc).

Best part about the 40th package is many of the suckers that initially bought them thought they were collectors items and generally kept them in good shape

·
Registered
1995 40th Anniversary Edition 4.6L
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to @dDUBb I got the clear lenses really quick and was able to install yesterday. Was also able to install new headlamp that was half full of water LOL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like the radiator support hit something hard nd is pushed up, hard to see but I think an easy fix. However it looks like a huge cover is missing. I think this cover has some effects on radiator getting the correct amount of air. Any ideas how I can get a used one?

·
Super Moderator
11,777 Posts
There are two pieces missing looks like to me.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
1) junkyard is an option.
2) If you don't care about looks and just want functionality, a sheet of cloroplast (the stuff election signs are made of) works just fine to make sure air doesn't spill downwards from the bumper until it goes through the radiator.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,793 Posts
It was probably just a parking curb, they’ll push up on the core support before contacting the tires on these cars. The previous owner was probably oblivious it even happened, I know I was when I noticed mine was bent. Luckily it is indeed very easy to unbend, I waited until I had an opportunity to have the radiator and condensor out of the car to fix mine and that fix was me simply pushing it down with my food, and mine was more pushed in than that

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks nice! I always loved how the 40th anniversary ones look. I live too far away from most of the good deals though. Congrats on the acquisition!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1) junkyard is an option.
2) If you don't care about looks and just want functionality, a sheet of cloroplast (the stuff election signs are made of) works just fine to make sure air doesn't spill downwards from the bumper until it goes through the radiator.
I will definitely try the cloroplast if I cannot find. Thank you

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I will definitely try the cloroplast if I cannot find. Thank you
Might not be pretty but I can tell you it works. I saw temp drops of 20F on the track (road course, warm but not hot ambient air) with and without something to direct the air.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts