TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got it home tonight, and I'm pretty excited about it.

What it is, is a 1995 Thunderbird with 48,900 on it. It was originally a fleet car in California, sold and later retitled in Michigan, and then Wisconsin where it is now. It has some rust on it, but as far as I have seen very minimal and I should be able to kill it easily.

It needs a little work, but nothing that can't be fixed. :)

I will get some pictures posted when I get time and it's light out again, and perhaps some "progress" photos to go with(?).

I do have one question. The car has the paint code of TA and it was retitled as purple with the previous owner. What is the actual color? What do the cars look like with this paint color? Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Does the odometer work? Just askin, cause they ALL fail. If it does work, it may have been fixed.

Just sounds like low mileage for a fleet vehicle that has been re-titled a couple of times...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Matt! Should I re-title it in blue, assuming that is what it was initially titled as?

NetKeym: The odometer works! It was sold initially in 1996 with just over 20,000 on it. Retitled in Michigan at 32,000(in 2003), retitled in Wisconsin with 38,000(in 2009). The interior is in great condition, as compared to my 1996 with 205,000, and the exterior is fabulous for a Wisconsin car.

I too was skeptical of the miles, and I realize that it may be false yet. It just seems as though the car(body) is in excellent condition regardless of miles.

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
I just got it home tonight, and I'm pretty excited about it.

What it is, is a 1995 Thunderbird with 48,900 on it. It was originally a fleet car in California, sold and later retitled in Michigan, and then Wisconsin where it is now. It has some rust on it, but as far as I have seen very minimal and I should be able to kill it easily.

It needs a little work, but nothing that can't be fixed. :)

I will get some pictures posted when I get time and it's light out again, and perhaps some "progress" photos to go with(?).

I do have one question. The car has the paint code of TA and it was retitled as purple with the previous owner. What is the actual color? What do the cars look like with this paint color? Thank you :)
Welcome. That is a very, very low mileage car for being almost 18 years old. If the mileage is correct that car's done a lot of sitting around.

Chameleon (Venetian) Blue Metallic Clearcoat

Edit: N/M I missed it. It was a new color for 1995.

Interesting because I have a "1995 Ford Passenger Car Exterior Colors" chart for that model year and it doesn't show Chameleon (Venetian) Blue Metallic Clearcoat (Code TA) as an available color choice for any Ford vehicle. An interent search shows that to be a Mercury Cougar color.

http://www.coolcats.net/aerocats/1995colors.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's dirty in the pictures, but it was parked in. ;-)

The only area that is damaged for the interior besides carpet stains.

Odometer.

Yeah, it's still stock!

My rust spot on the top side.

A dent.

From the rear, you can see it needs new paint among other things..

Different angle.

Spoiler "damage"

It's not perfect, and I'm sure a lot of people have seen these cars in better shape even today. I'm hoping to get it there in the not to distant future.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
That isn't that bad. Does it have the blue seats as well as the dash? I have the same color car minus the sunroof and rear spoiler, and rust lol.. Too bad I'm still trying to get it back together.

Definetly not many of those around anymore. IIRC, that color was not available past 95. There was a lighter version in 96.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, it's a blue interior all the way around. The sun was in the wrong place making interior shots impossible. The headliner does not match the interior, and I am assuming this was done when the spoiler was put it. It will be getting redone to match again however.

The sunroof and spoiler are both aftermarket. The sunroof was installed by Sacramento Valley Sunroofs on November 9, 1994 when there was 360 miles on it, according to the sticker anyway. I'm not really concerned about it leaking in the future as current plans are it will never have that chance, it's whether it leaked in the past..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts