TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where to get new rear hub assemblies? all I seem to be able to find is fronts except for on ebay, and I am skeptical of them because the pictures are of a live axle hub. I would just replace the bearings but one of my hubs is bent

thanks
-steve

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You can always convert to the mustang hubs. At least those are common. And I thought you could get rears from a local parts store?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Taurus fronts are the same as the Tbird rear, not sure what years work.

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can get front hubs but only rear bearings. I would just convert to the mustang ones, however all the wheels I use for drifting are the stupid tortoise pattern, so If I converted I would have to buy three sets of wheels.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
Get used ones from a junk yard, and then have new bearings pressed into them.

Bearings can be had at RockAuto for as little as $10 or less (especially if you don't mind it being a closeout item ... Timken used to be one of the better names, better than Federal-Mogul, back in the 70's.)

RwP

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Timken are still great as long as you get the ones made in the USA... I have heard some people ordering Timkens and them not being US Timkens and they werent up to par. I just replaced my front hubs as the bearings were going bad. They have worked well.

The Mustang Bolt Pattern will give you a much more diverse wheel choice but you'll have to look hard to get the right offsets and what not. But it is a worthy Swap. Otherwise I'd do just like Ralph Suggested. Get some from the junk yard. New bearings pressed in and maybe some new lug studs as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
The two Timkens I got from RockAuto were made in the USA according to the label. Surprise! They're no longer in closeout, but are $4.52 each ... P/N FC66998 (that's also the National part number, but National are pricer, and I don't know National. Nothing against them - I know Timken from the 60's and 70's, growing up, wrenching on jalopies and other cars.)

RwP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts