TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reproduction seat control panels are being made to fit all 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, and 1997 Thunderbird and Cougars. Includes adapter kit to modify for Manual Control Seats, Manual with Lumbar, Manual with Lumbar and Bolster, Power Seats, Power with Lumbar, and Power with Lumbar and Bolster. Available on eBay or from N T T Distribution website.

·
Administrator
8,112 Posts
Saw this over at SCCoA last month I think. Definitely something people need.

Joe

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
And there goes the market for one of the easiest, top $$ items to salvage from JY tbirds ;)
Now if someone would make reproduction SC clutch pedals...
-g

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts
... or instrument cluster surround trim ....

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I busted mine once. Found one at that yard for I think less than $10. I had to drill out the holes for my buttons, but fit just fine. I noticed in the order that they do not ask which side and they paint it to match the color. As much as I kick that part every time I get in my Cougar, I would think that paint would get marred and lose it's luster over time, unlike solid colored plastic. $39 sems a bit steep, but if you are in a crunch and need it now, it might be worth it.

Just my two cents.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,170 Posts
I busted mine once. Found one at that yard for I think less than $10. I had to drill out the holes for my buttons, but fit just fine. I noticed in the order that they do not ask which side and they paint it to match the color. As much as I kick that part every time I get in my Cougar, I would think that paint would get marred and lose it's luster over time, unlike solid colored plastic. $39 sems a bit steep, but if you are in a crunch and need it now, it might be worth it.

Just my two cents.
Do you know how rare that part was? Unbroken MANUAL driver seat trim with Lumbar/Bolster cutouts, I've been desperately trying to find that for years!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Do you know how rare that part was? Unbroken MANUAL driver seat trim with Lumbar/Bolster cutouts, I've been desperately trying to find that for years!
Then this is PERFECT for you!!!! As I said, if you can't find one, this will fit the bill just fine.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
That company only makes the driver's side. I wonder if they need a mint passenger piece to mold....

Fwiw, I have a pile of these in various configurations and colors. I used to grab every good one I saw.

I've only ever found ONE intact driver's manual panel, and it doesn't have those lumbar/bolster holes. That is a unicorn part.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Having this option is a good thing. I would have thought that ANY of those pieces out of a junkyard that are still intact would be a unicorn. All it takes is a big person carelessly plopping down into the seat one time to polish one of those off.

Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts