TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked it up last week. sux winter is here but i got an awesome deal on it because the riding season is over. put 250 miles on it so far. im gonna put another 250 on it this weekend and get the first service done then its going into storage until April

2008 GSX-R1000

here's one of my old bike. i traded it in toward the new one. 2003 GSX-R750

one of my friends went to the dealer and bought my old bike which is cool cuzt it will still be around. here's both together

·
Super Moderator
12,257 Posts
I like your old one better.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
better check your rear view frank!

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think its a toss up looks wise. i love both. other than that though, the 1000 is better in every way. from power, to rideability, to comfort, etc.

the black one does look much better in person though, its a combination of gloss black and matte black. the pics dont really do it justice

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
better check your rear view frank!
a quick twist of the wrist and the cops are history, haha. im just kidding i really do stop for the police

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
all i have to say is be careful and watch for other cars doing stupid things. my buddy was on a kawasaki bike similar to those you posted when a car cut him off in a 50 zone. driver of the car was making a left turn . in the end my buddy did not make it. this happened 10-27-08 and he was only 17 years old. i'm not trying to scare you or anything but be careful people are stupid and will do stupid and dangerous things

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all i have to say is be careful and watch for other cars doing stupid things. my buddy was on a kawasaki bike similar to those you posted when a car cut him off in a 50 zone. driver of the car was making a left turn . in the end my buddy did not make it. this happened 10-27-08 and he was only 17 years old. i'm not trying to scare you or anything but be careful people are stupid and will do stupid and dangerous things

thanks for the concern man. i have been riding for a full season now and have logged over 7000 miles and trust me i have seen some idiots on the road. i'm convinced that 80% of people should not be licensed drivers. sorry to hear about your friend

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
yeah usually it isn't the motorcyclists fault it's usually a careless driving not paying 100% attention to the road and just mowing down bike riders. i've riddin motorcycles for years as well. but i think i've seen enough to never want to ride on the street anymore. but yeah it was very saddening to me to hear waht had happened to my friend i had known him since we where 4 years old.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
helmet mohawks look awesome.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your friend should have bought the bike off you to begin with. probibly would have got more than what they gave you on a trade
i was selling it for $6000, they gave me $5000 for it when i traded it, which was good enough with the deal i got on the 1000. i offered to sell it to my friend for $5000, he said he didnt want it at the time. he's wanted my yellow bike since the day i took it home. he ended up goin tot he dealer 2 days later and buying it for $6200. sux for him. i dont think he thought i was serious when i told him i was trading it in. in the end we bot ended up with the bikes we wanted, just cost him an extra $1200. that bike is a huge upgrade from his 93 katana 600

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dude, get the matte black helmet and the helmet mohawk!
im just using the same helmet i had before. its a hjc ac-12. all carbon fiber. no helmet mohawk though

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I convinced that 80% of all drivers in Massachusetts are psychotic, once you hit that Mass. Pike you better not go below 90mph or you will get pushed right off the highway.
ahahaha so true, I used to go to school in NY and took the pike the whole way, i just learn to cruise control at 70 and dont give a crap about who's up my a$$ and when they go by shaking their head just wave. later to see them on the side of the road pulled over aha

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
ahahaha so true, I used to go to school in NY and took the pike the whole way, i just learn to cruise control at 70 and dont give a crap about who's up my a$$ and when they go by shaking their head just wave. later to see them on the side of the road pulled over aha
a$$monkey! :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
v8_superbirdy, I'm very sorry about your friend. A friend of mine had a 2008 GSX-R1000 and lost it after a month of riding. He was goin 30mph and signaling a turn for the next street while some dumb bia turned into him head-on at 40mph. His GF flew 40feet into a ditch and had a minor concussion.?. He somehow ended up between the bike and the truck. Punctured lung, broke both collar bones, one wrist, multiple ribs, and a few other things. He got a chopper ride out of the deal but he was just coming back from getting a pack of smokes. I could feel the dents from his ribs on the gas tank

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
v8_superbirdy, I'm very sorry about your friend. A friend of mine had a 2008 GSX-R1000 and lost it after a month of riding. He was goin 30mph and signaling a turn for the next street while some dumb bia turned into him head-on at 40mph. His GF flew 40feet into a ditch and had a minor concussion.?. He somehow ended up between the bike and the truck. Punctured lung, broke both collar bones, one wrist, multiple ribs, and a few other things. He got a chopper ride out of the deal but he was just coming back from getting a pack of smokes. I could feel the dents from his ribs on the gas tank
i forget the exact percentage but i know it was more than half of all motorcycle accidents are caused by idiots in cars turning left from the opposite side of the road in front of bikers when they dont have enough room to do so. sorry to hear about your friend, glad he's ok

1 - 20 of 21 Posts