1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Your offset should be fine with those wheels..The wheels won't stick out too far, or have that sucked in look either..

You may need a set of hubcentric rings though..

Rayo..

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hubcentric what? you just made that up right

·
̇
3,701 Posts
hubcentric what? you just made that up right
No..I didn't make that up..lol

Your Thunderbird hubs should have a center bore of 63.9mm..

I don't see the bore specs available for those wheels, but it does say there are centering rings included with your purchase..

I can't say for sure if the ones included will work with your hubs..Just tell TireRack what car you have, and hopefully they include the correct hub centric rings..

If they don't have the hub centric rings you need..You can always wait, and order them after you've measured your new wheels hub bore size..

Some people don't run these rings..Some people do..It helps to center the wheel on the hub, and prevents unwanted wheel vibrations..

Rayo..

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks rayo,
I just placed the order and only looked at the wheels for a 1997 TBird. so im not sure if the rings will work but I have to wait for tires any way so I will make sure everything is perfect before I intall.

with having to wait for tires what size do you guys think I should get? I don't want rubber bands or really big tires but would like a wide tire.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ok guys these are the tires im buying from discount tire they have them for 122. are they a good tire.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&tt=false&pc=40345&counter=0&ar=50&rd=17&sw=false&cs=255

* ok so the 255 50 r17 didn't fit on the front with out clearing the upper control arm. so I went to a 235/50/r17 on the front and 255/50/r17 on the back. but in the process they broke one my studs on the back right but they are having it repaired and I will be getting her back Monday I cant wait!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts