TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new mechanical diode designed surfaced in 2007 part # 7L3Z-7A089-D that has more locking teeth than the previous diode part # F8AZ-7A089-AA.

I've read this can be installed in a 1997 4R70W case. My questions are can it and what else has to be changed to make it work properly?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It would work fine just as well as the old part number, to my knowledge I'm not sure if the new one is worth the price I've got one in stock but I plan to use it on a build, Alan at dirtydog keeps them in stock and would sell the whole reverse drum with diode, to install remove trans, the I hang it from the lift arms or engine hoist, put a pan under to catch fluid at tail shaft, the remove VB, and the over drive servo, then remove pump assembly, then intermediate clutches then the drum/ diode slides out, u would need a new overdrive band to be safe along with VB gasket unless the are new pump o ring and gasket and front pump seal

That's a basic list of what's to be done

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
The million dollar question, how much in parts would all that run?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get the 7L3Z-7A089-D new for $42, but I didn't know if I had to replace anything else, seals and gaskets are very cheap. I just wasn't sure if any other parts had to be changed if the roller clutch was swapped.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I use them on applications over 600hp however I have them break as well, personally I would put your money elsewhere.
Alan

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I use them on applications over 600hp however I have them break as well, personally I would put your money elsewhere.
Alan
Do you feel that the 04 unit will take up to the 450hp/tq mark safely or would you advise to update the $42 part, on a daily driver?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts