TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some pics of the new exhaust, while I had it dropped for the new rear install.

I'll get a sound clip up as soon as it's back together, and I'm somewhere other than my subdivision. It's quite loud to say the least. The setup is 2.5" pipe, no cats, no resonators, midmount Magnaflow DIDO muffler, and 3.5" tips.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not as bad as you'd think. Not much drone, just loudness, but nothing raspy either. I did pull the amp/sub out cuz it's hard to hear good clear sound at a reasonable level.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Clean setup bro!

·
Registered
407 Posts
"Mandrel bent exhaust" company?

·
Registered
240 Posts
that looks great, the car looks good too from the back side ;)
will you get pics of the exhaust showing it tucked up under the car from the side view?

Im wanting to do a similar setup on mine, but it can NOT hang lower than the gas tank since my car lays flat on the ground and there is zero clearance.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Mandrel bent exhaust" company?
The section from the muffler back past the rear end is the Mandrel Exhaust company's parts. I ordered their rear kit, then the muffler and the tips. Took it all to my exhaust shop and said make this all work. The fabbed up the tips on the rear section, welded the rear section onto the muffler, and then did the downpipes back to the muffler themselves. It's a very stiff system, I dropped the whole thing in one piece when I swapped my rear end.

that looks great, the car looks good too from the back side
will you get pics of the exhaust showing it tucked up under the car from the side view?

Im wanting to do a similar setup on mine, but it can NOT hang lower than the gas tank since my car lays flat on the ground and there is zero clearance.

Thanks! I'll try to snap a few shots today or tomorrow when I have it out of the garage. I know it's tucked up very close to the bottom of the car. I still have that flimsy cross-bar (the one held up with four 8mm bolts), and it's all above that. The only place that might be lower than that would be where it snakes past the diff.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Looks good Jeff and mine is the same but i have the X pipe , Lowest part of my setup is at the pumpkin . RobertP left off the cross-bar said mine there was no need , By the way the 3.73 is doing great :)

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Looks good Jeff and mine is the same but i have the X pipe , Lowest part of my setup is at the pumpkin . RobertP left off the cross-bar said mine there was no need , By the way the 3.73 is doing great :)
funny you say that......I was going to leave the one on my car on....but have since decided for me, that I don't need it.
Anything helps on these cars as far as bracing goes.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Love it. I'm thinking about using the same muffler but without the built-in x-pipe. Magnaflow has one that keeps each side separate. I just don't really want the x-pipe sound.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Magnaflow is by far the best bang for the buck out there. I'm planning to put a set on the Mustang as soon as prices come down a little bit. I've yet to get a good sound clip of it since I haven't driven it out of my development much lately. I'll be sure to get a clip of it Monday morning...it's getting a fresh dyno tune so it'll be wound up so you can really hear it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Please make a sound clip ! I've heard a few but they are always low quality clips with more wind noise than anything.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My phone does HD so hopefully I can get a decent clip. It rumbles pretty good at idle and cruising, but when you get on it, it's completely different. Right after I got it done, I took a friend for a ride when all the locals were hanging out in town. I was about 3/4 mile away and they said you could hear it plainly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts