TCCoA Forums banner

which look do ya'll like best?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here she is with the new wheels on, and for some reason she looks more slim down to me. With the 94-95 cobras she had that stouter look. You guys tell me what you think.

And here ive tried to tuck them under some more, but may have to do alil work to suck them under. what would you guys suggest? or would you call it good and leave it alone?

and finnally wheel and brake combo.

or do ya'll think these look better?

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
vic, in case you are interested, i have a set of 05 gt wheels for sale. they have a 45mm offset, and were sunken in a bit on my bird.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Vic,

The new wheels look great, but the older ones look better. The new r wheels look a little "light" on that bad VII

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
Are the sidewalls the same height on the new tires as the old?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Vic the wheels look just fine, I think you just need a tire for the rear that has more sidewall. I don't know what is available but surely something is out there. What size tires do the Lightning's have on the rear, that might be something to look at for tire choice.

Charles

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Vic the wheels look just fine, I think you just need a tire for the rear that has more sidewall. I don't know what is available but surely something is out there. What size tires do the Lightning's have on the rear, that might be something to look at for tire choice.

Charles
so when are you gonna get your AR :zwall:

Vic, i voted for the 95 cobras..

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Mike you are too funny.
Vic could say "the only Mark 7 with 05 GT Premium wheels". Ha.

Hey Rob. Home yet?

Vic I sure do like the Mark. That and the 85-86 Turbo coupe has to be one of my favorite body style ever. Speaking of TC, whose is that in the reflection?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
the 94-95 cobras fit the car better, not the tire profile i am looking at, the wheel itself.
it took me almost a year to decide on wheels for my 69cat

·
Registered
485 Posts

Your so funny Robert! Seriously I am not sure when I will get it but what I do know is that it will be all grown up unlike that half pint runt you bought.:tongue:

Charles

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vic,

The new wheels look great, but the older ones look better. The new r wheels look a little "light" on that bad VII

Vic, i voted for the 95 cobras..
the 94-95 cobras fit the car better, not the tire profile i am looking at, the wheel itself.
it took me almost a year to decide on wheels for my 69cat
thanks for the input on the 94-95's. yeah i really like those wheels, but wanted to try something different. i polished one the other day to see if i can bring 'em back to the shine they had in the pics. and well that one did. so they may have a future with me still.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are the sidewalls the same height on the new tires as the old?
the 95's were 27.1 i believe, and the y2k's were in at 27.4. so not much really was lost too me in height wise. but alot has to do with the lower sidewall that throws off the look. if i hadnt thrown in the previous pics, what would you guys think then. opinions would vary differently then maybe, i dont know.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike you are too funny.
Vic could say "the only Mark 7 with 05 GT Premium wheels". Ha.

Hey Rob. Home yet?

Vic I sure do like the Mark. That and the 85-86 Turbo coupe has to be one of my favorite body style ever. Speaking of TC, whose is that in the reflection?
this one is for sale also. it was another one the guy who had the blue cougar awhile back had sitting around. we were going to put and 87 lincoln drive train in i, but decided not to. its just sitting now.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Charles
lightning had something like 255-50 on them i believe. thats not going on mine. i am running the only size available in the michelin ps2's in a 315. i could go down a size to gain more sidewall. but the rears were widened to accommodate the tires i wanted to run. so im stuck really.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vic do you have a full side shot of the older rims you had on there?
i did, but awhile back corral went down for a few days to re-do their site and i lost my good photos of the car with the 95's cobras on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts