TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered new shoes for the bird yesterday. Just figured I would share.

Edit; I thought about this more and realized I should disclose more of the plan. The wheels are 18x9 on 5x114.3 with a 30mm offset. I am planning to use P275/40-18's all the way around the car. I will obviously be doing a hub swap. I plan to road race the car and since I needed new wheels this is what I settled on using. These wheels are flow formed since I wasn't willing to pay for actual forged wheels. I realize that they may stick out a little but inside clearance was the bigger concern because of the tires. This isn't a daily driver so the usual concerns don't concern me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Very nice! Those will look good!

·
Super Moderator
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
18x9 with a +25mm offset?
Rayo..
They are actually being customized to my needs. They will be 5x114.3 bolt pattern and 30mm offset. The chosen offset is both a limit to how much can be removed from these flow formed wheels and of the fact that I plan to run 275's all of the way around.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
They are actually being customized to my needs. They will be 5x114.3 bolt pattern and 30mm offset. The chosen offset is both a limit to how much can be removed from these flow formed wheels and of the fact that I plan to run 275's all of the way around.
That's pretty cool..

Are they starting with a fresh wheel custom spec to your needs, or simply removing some meat from the back of the wheels?

Basically bringing them inboard for every mm of material they remove from the wheel..

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's pretty cool..

Are they starting with a fresh wheel custom spec to your needs, or simply removing some meat from the back of the wheels?

Basically bringing them inboard for every mm of material they remove from the wheel..
Rayo..
They are "blanks" in that they don't have a bolt pattern drilled but they will machine off the 5mm needed since they are already formed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts