TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put some lowering springs on my car and i need an aligment soon, and my question is how long should i wait till they settle in. i heard they need to be there for a bit till they adjust to the wait then redo the aligment. also would the aligment settings need to be different due to a lower car?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes the alignment will be out...the camber will need adjusted.

They say that the car is at the ride height it will be at always...there is no settling period for lowering springs. Or atleast that is what H&R and Eibach claim. I've had mine on for a few years and I have noticed a significant drop over the time. Then I put on my Bilstein shocks and that also lowered my front end even lower. Now the front sits a lil lower than the back which I don't like but it's hard to notice.

So to make the story short...I noticed about a half of an inch maybe more of settling from my H&R springs.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there any special camber settings i will need to follow or would the aligment shop know whats up and set it..

·
Registered
153 Posts
Smoky,
Go to the home page, click on "Technical Articles", then "Suspension", then "Lowering your Bird".
Voila, alignment specs!
I had the same question when I did mine, and these specs seem to work great, with no weird tire wear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts