TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at AAP and just saw a new to me at least a Sylvania 9007 LED - see photos. Has anyone installed these LEDs in a 95-96 TB? If so, I would like to read your comments on this LED. They seem well made. They are not cheap at $99. Any input?

Thanks,

Glenn

Attachments

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,422 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt:

Can youu tell me what the upgraded version changes were versus the original ones. Many of the older reviews were not favorable at Amazon. Thanks.

·
Registered
1997 4.6L LX. Black with grey interior. Mustang hub swap and cobra brakes coming...
5 Posts
A buddy of mine bought those for his Dodge Ram, they were awful he says. He went to Beamtechs. I personally have Beamtechs in all my vehicles, T-Bird included and have been very pleased with them. 1/3 of the price too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beamtech seems to have 3 versions of the 9007 - see below link. Not sure would fit the 96TB?

·
Registered
1997 4.6L LX. Black with grey interior. Mustang hub swap and cobra brakes coming...
5 Posts
Beamtech seems to have 3 versions of the 9007 - see below link. Not sure would fit the 96TB?

I have the bottom on with the heat sink with the fan. The top left one in the link is fan-less. I may try those because I think the fan is interfering with the radio a bit. I have a 97 and they fit just fine.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the bottom on with the heat sink with the fan. The top left one in the link is fan-less. I may try those because I think the fan is interfering with the radio a bit. I have a 97 and they fit just fine.
Do the hi and low beams both work? Some reviews say they do not work only the low beam?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do the hi and low beams both work? Some reviews say they do not work only the low beam?
Yes they work very well in my car. The low beams have decent spread but when the hi beams come on, they light up the road. I have a pic of the output on low beam in my Super Duty but I can't find it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you think the bulbs below would work - fanless

BEAMTECH 9007 LED Bulb, HB5 Halogen Replacement,12000LM 50W Fanless 12000LM 50W In Line 6500K Xenon White. Not looking for the super bright white bulbs.

Tnx,
Glenn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you think the bulbs below would work - fanless

BEAMTECH 9007 LED Bulb, HB5 Halogen Replacement,12000LM 50W Fanless 12000LM 50W In Line 6500K Xenon White. Not looking for the super bright white bulbs.

Tnx,
Glenn
They should work. Those are bright at 12k lumens. I went with the 10k lumens. If you go with those, let me know if you like them. I may switch out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW - WOW is my initial reaction to the BeamTech HB5 LED 9007 bulbs that I just got and installed tonight from Amazon on my 96TB. See photo - Bright white lights on left compared to the OEM amber lights on the right. Really amazing. I finally found an LED bulb that actually works and is a straight plug-in - the same as an OEM bulb. No problems with low and high beams either - works perfect. My years of looking are finally over.

I drove on a busy highway tonight with the lights on low and also on high and no one flashed their lights at me.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
5 Posts
WOW - WOW is my initial reaction to the BeamTech HB5 LED 9007 bulbs that I just got and installed tonight from Amazon on my 96TB. See photo - Bright white lights on left compared to the OEM amber lights on the right. Really amazing. I finally found an LED bulb that actually works and is a straight plug-in - the same as an OEM bulb. No problems with low and high beams either - works perfect. My years of looking are finally over.

I drove on a busy highway tonight with the lights on low and also on high and no one flashed their lights at me.

View attachment 46694
Did you go with the 12k lumen fanless model?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, the - BEAMTECH 9007 LED Bulb, HB5 Halogen Replacement,12000LM 50W Fanless 12000LM 50W In Line 6500K Xenon White.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts