TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 1994 t bird with a manufacture date of 10/94.
It has 63k on the clock with a 4.6.
Just had the fluid and filter changed. It was good for a week and today it is slipping
in OD at hiway speeds.
I found a tranny out of a 97 with 67K for $450. or I can get one from monster for $1200.
What should I do?
I have a ford tech that will change it out for $200.
I would do it myself but I am working 6 days a week 12 hours a day till sept.

Thanks Brian.

·
Administrator
8,215 Posts
Before you shell out all that money on another tranny, check the MLPS. That might be your problem.

Joe

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I know it should seem obvious but check the fluid level, especially if it was just serviced and is suddonly acting up, overfilled and underfilled transmissions can cause slipping due to lack of fluid or airated fluid.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
welcome to the group!!!

hopefully you'll enjoy your car as much as i have, check out my ride if you'de like and enjoy your new car!!!

regards,
ramon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So my Tranny is toast at 65K. Found one out of a 98 mark 8 for $150. It has 110k on it
but he said it was fine till it was wrecked. I will be taking it to my tranny guy and have him look into it to see if any of the soft parts need replaced. Swap the electronics over from mine and have him order a new TC and hope for the best. Anything I should know before I drop it off. Just really getting frustrated at this point. Love the car and the ride quality but the tranny issue is a PITA.

Thanks Brian

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
An 02 transmission is a much better deal for $450.

It takes some fairly easy mods, but has better parts.

Search. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts