TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done putting in my poweraide throttle body spacer, it really was easy! Haven't had a chance for test drive yet because I have a bunch of calculus and meteorology homework to do, but I'll romp on it tonite going to class and tell you guys if there's a difference.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
where did you get your tb spacer and for how much? i was thinking of putting one on. is yours for a 3.8L? good luck on homework, calculus is a b*tch aint it??

mike

·
Registered
658 Posts
xr7kid,
Are you in college?

If you are and need help with any college level calc, pm me and I will do my best to help.

I just got finished calc one through four at drexel university.

danman

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I go to University of Oklahoma! I'll keep that in mind, I have to go all the way through calc 4 as well. - Thanks - Eric

·
6,910 Posts
OU huh?

hey xr7kid,
you arent too far from me, i'm at texas tech. you should come down to the track here one of these weekends. PM me and ill get directions for ya if your interested.

mike

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey! I got a brother in Texas that I'm always saying I'll go see him, if I ever do I'd like to go try out a track, I've never been to one. My friends and I had like a "racing road" we went to and that's where I kinda tested whatever mod I may have done. Then I kinda quit that, and then I started autocrossing and that's major fun! Of course I was the only MN12 out there but I did alright for myself, I was never the slowest one out there =) I even beat a ZR-1 vette one day, well, I beat the younger driver, it was like a son and pop team, the dad had me by a second or so.

Anyways, I got on it tonite after the TB spacer install, and nothing to spectacular. Poweraide claimed a 9ft/lb increase in torque but I don't think I got that much if any. Gas mileage looks like it might have increased, I filled up today so I'll give a proper report at the end of the week when I run out of gas again. But if anyone else was thinking about trying one, I got it from PowerAide, and it's the part for the '94-'95 Mustang 3.8. I called them once and they said I'd have to do some fabricating to get it to fit, but they were wrong, it fits just fine with no fabrication.
-Eric

·
6,910 Posts
what part of texas does your bro live?

there are i think 3 or 4 MN12's at the track here that i have seen (including me), we could always use another :) . i go almost every weekend to the track but havent raced anyone yet, hopefully i will soon.

mike

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
Autocross

Autocross is a lot of fun with the MN12, and I know what you're talking about when you say that you're the only one out there. I've been a few times and I've yet to see another MN12 there. I was really surprised at how well my car did, with just a little suspension work an MN12 can run better than a lot of those darn imports. I'm located near St. Louis, Mo, so if any of you want to run autocross or drag race sometime, shoot me an email at [email protected]

Rod

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made sure to get some new springs before I went to autocross, they were the best thing I've ever bought for my car!

·
Registered
801 Posts
does anyone have the link to that poweraide????

im interested in the spacer i want it, how much was it???????

Marvin M.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
XR7kid said:
Yeah, I go to University of Oklahoma! I'll keep that in mind, I have to go all the way through calc 4 as well. - Thanks - Eric
Another OK MN12 guy? Maybe you could meet up with us next month, quite a few of us OK guys meet up once a month for a luncheon.

·
Registered
249 Posts
sounds like one of those late night info-merrcial performance mods. The tornado was a classic. I'm still getting kicks out of those elertcic "Turbos" on ebay. My brother and all his rice friends showed me one last week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts