TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 4r70w im doin a j-mod to.

the transmission came out of a 94 thunderbird sc with a factory ford quality rebuild sticker on it. I was told the tranny has less than 35,000 miles. I dont know for sure. Its goin back into another 94 SC

Anyway, I have read the artictle on the j-mod over and over again.

My question and problem is trying to find all the parts that i need to replace while doing the mod install.

since its a 94 SC tranny, is there anything else that i should consider doing as well.

Oh, the transmission is out of the car, so working on it should a breeze.

·
Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
You'll want to replace the valve body with a better - newer model while you've got the trans open.

RoberP can help you out with that, his shop is in Carghage, NC - about a 3 hr drive from where you live. It would be a nice day trip for ya. I routinely drive 2 hrs one way out to his place from where I live.

Give him a call or send him a PM.

The number at his shop is: 910-947-7044

His website is here: www.robstireandauto.com

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the input. Im just looking for a cheap mid shift kit that i can put into my other tranny for the time being. I want to have this done before i leave so my wife has a good solid tranny to have in her SC while im gone for 7 months

When i return from afghanistan i plan on buying a v6 and tranny out of a 99 - 04 mustang to start my build up of my SC when i get ready to convert it over to turbo.

Is there a parts list available so i can get the parts i need for the j-mod? or should i just buy a shift kit?

Dirtydog, i see your video. It was a great video. How good of a shift kit do you have?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I do a few other modifications that are not outlined in the articles. If you look though my youtube video's you should find more information.
Alan

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
You'd like to think that a "factory Ford quality rebuild sticker" means that at least the current TSB's were done up to the period it was performed - So you MIGHT have a few upgrades in there already... Good luck ~!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do a few other modifications that are not outlined in the articles. If you look though my youtube video's you should find more information.
Alan
I looked on your site. You dont have a shift kit for a 94-95 4r70w. Is that because of the difference in the tranny pan?

I want to give you a call later this week to get all the parts and info i will need

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yeap as said I or dirtydog have what you need,

Robert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts