TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Offered by Supersixmotorsports.com this is their latest and greatest product. This thing is really awesome IMO, if you've ever installed a cam you have seen the crappy thrust bearing it uses.
-Thomas

taken from supersixmotorsports.com forums

Heres a new hard-core product we've developed. Its a cam thrust bearing kit that includes the thrust bearing and the specially machined cam spacer. The bearing is a Torrington high load needle roller bearing that goes between the spacer and the cam thrust plate. This interface is one of the highest frictional loads in the engine and if you've ever disassembled a 3.8 or 4.2, you've noticed the wear thats occuring between the hardened surfaces of the thrust plate and the cam spacer. Well, that wear is caused by excessive friction which is robbing the engine of power. This new bearing effectively reduces that friction to ZERO.

These have been available for several years for the 350 and the 302, and all the hard-core racers use them in their quest to minimize power robbing friction, now, theres one available for the 3.8 and 4.2. We should have these in the next catalog update, until then, if you want one, give us a call, the kit is $150.

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
Thomas,

Thanks for passing on the info, this is good to know! :thumbsup:

Joe

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
yeah, thats really good stuff. i got a timing chain leak and when i fix it i'll be putting in a new cam and timing chain unit. super six are a bunch of great guys too, so i'll deff. have to pick one of those up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts