TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working with a manufacturer on another project and came accross this wheel. I personally liked it, but wanted to run it by you cats...

It comes in 18X8.5 SILVER or CHROME

So on with it...Do ya like, not like???

Brad

·
Registered
744 Posts
wow....that's exactly what i would be looking for as far as wheels go. but i highly doubt i could afford a pair in the near future

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I kinda like it, I am partial to 5 spoke wheels like that, but I like to have a machined lip. I probably wouldn't be able to fork over the cash for them and tires either. No way to hide that big of a transaction and make it look like groceries or home improvement stuff :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
I like the lip on that, very cool looking. I'd sport that.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Looks like some big calipers would fit behind those too, which might have me interested sometime in the future. But not right at the moment. Definitely a decent looking wheel.

·
Resident Gun Guru
672 Posts
I'll second that...........prices ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Love that wheel! Chrome for me! Will it clear the brembo 4 piston caliper?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
DAMN!!! That's a good looking wheel! If I wanted 18s, I would definitely be interested.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK....Keep in mind these are target prices...OK??? Could be more, could be less.. See at this point I have no idea what my cost is going to be so obviously I can't really speculate what it will sell for...But why not speculate...heh

Remember that this wheel is only made in a 18X8.5...I really do hope I can sell them for even less that what I have listed below....Will just have to see...

$155 SILVER

$190 CHROME

Brad

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
$190 for chromes would be a good deal on 18s. I just can't afford to spend $1200+ on some wheels! I only paid $3500 for the car w/75K on it!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
conversion02 said:
$190 for chromes would be a good deal on 18s. I just can't afford to spend $1200+ on some wheels! I only paid $3500 for the car w/75K on it!

That is the differance between an enthusiest and someone who just owns and simply uses the car on a daily basis. Speaking for myself I have owned my first SC since 1993 and have no plans of selling it or my other 94SC...Regardless of what I paid for them I want to enjoy them and improve upon the looks and performance of both cars. So as I can undestand and relate to what you are saying at the same time it just depends on what you want to do with the car.

Cheers,

Brad

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MikeB said:
Any idea on availability?

These wheels have not even been made yet. They are a wheel that ne of my manufactuers has a cast for. I have yet to decide if I am going to have some done up.

Brad

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
cudaz101 said:
That is the differance between an enthusiest and someone who just owns and simply uses the car on a daily basis. Speaking for myself I have owned my first SC since 1993 and have no plans of selling it or my other 94SC...Regardless of what I paid for them I want to enjoy them and improve upon the looks and performance of both cars. So as I can undestand and relate to what you are saying at the same time it just depends on what you want to do with the car.

Cheers,

Brad
Well, I don't plan on selling mine, but I can't justify putting that much money into wheels while I'm still in school. I"m sure I could find some rims and tires for cheaper and then upgrade eventually. After I get a truck (when I graduate in another year) I'll look at swapping engines and such. I love my bird, but there's only so much I can logically do. It is a daily driver and has been since I've had it (3 years). Until I get another car and make this my 2nd, I can't afford to do anything big to it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
conversion02 said:
Well, I don't plan on selling mine, but I can't justify putting that much money into wheels while I'm still in school. I"m sure I could find some rims and tires for cheaper and then upgrade eventually. After I get a truck (when I graduate in another year) I'll look at swapping engines and such. I love my bird, but there's only so much I can logically do. It is a daily driver and has been since I've had it (3 years). Until I get another car and make this my 2nd, I can't afford to do anything big to it.

I can understand and relate more to that than simply "I can't justify spending X-Amoun of dollars on a $3500 car..." So yea its reasonalbe and smarth thinking to wait until you can get what you want when you can better afford it.

I think you know where I was coming from...Or at least I hope...Not picking on anyone at all....I know when I did wheels and tires on my SC I only wished I had done it sooner than I did...It made the car more enjoyable and fun to look at and drive.

Brad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts