TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for some 17" tires and wheels to replace the factory "salad shooters" and not break the budget.
I found these on Tire Rack.

They are Sport Edition F7 17x7.5 +40, 5x4.25 in silver paint. I also got Sumitomo HTRZIII 235/55zr17 tires too.
They have a $50 mail in rebate on the tires. (Factory size was 215/70r15)

They really make a difference in handling. Initial turn in feels heavier, but she really takes corners now.
Bumps are a little harsher, but not terrible. Overall I'm very happy with them!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Pretty nice

·
Super Moderator
12,561 Posts
Those look really good. The Sumo tires are also excellent.

Now ________ that bad boy!
<--O--- Lower --O-->

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Lowering is on my list of future mods. Funny how the list seems to get longer all the time!

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Those look great. I was thinking about getting those exact same ones but my funds are non-existant right now. :(

+1 on lowering

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick update. No clearance issues. Wheel fit and finish is great. The speedometer is 1 mph slow now (shows 60-actual speed 61). These are the quietest tires I have ever run. The grip in the corners is amazing. All they do is stick. Also, I got caught out in an afternoon thunderstorm. They ran good, with no hydroplaning at highway speeds. Overall, I love these tires and wheels. I highly recommend.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Those rims are sweet, its like a bullitt and cobra R rim had a baby! The car looks fantastic!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. I looked at the F2's as well. Darren (ThunderChecken) has them on his car, but they are the 15" ones. Either style looks good on these cars, but there is just something about a 5 spoke wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts